Stuck on Small World for 30 minutes ...

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
My DD told me she was stuck on Small World for 30 minutes a couple of days ago. Said they played the music over and over and over and over and over and over again for about the first 15 minutes. After that, they cut it off. But she said that was almost even worse because the only thing she could hear was the sound of all the dolls blinking their eyes, which was very creepy! :laughing:

They were on it so long that they got TWO anytime FPs, so it worked out ... but she says she'll never ride Small World again ...

Oh boy! That’s the stuff nightmares are made of...I can’t imagine being stuck with all of those blinking dolls. :scared:

LOL - I can relate. We got stuck on it too, right as the boat was coming out of the building so we got to have full exposure to the song over and over as they unloaded the boats in front of us. Finally we got helped out of the boat and walked back along side the water to the loading area. I'm not sure how they got everyone out that was inside the ride out though or if they finally got the boats moving again.

We got stuck once but at WDW, which prompted a conversation about the dolls and what they may do at night when the park is quiet. It's amazing how fast that happy, kid friendly ride becomes a nightmare if you think about it too long.

That's so awful!!!!! LOL.
The FP's are nice, but it won't pay for the therapy she might need.

I was kind of bummed about it ... I actually like to ride SW once per trip, and this DD is the only person who'll ride it with me! And now she says she's done. :sad1:

Oh my! Creepy blinking dolls watching my every move. No!!

My friend's mom once got stuck on IASW for hours, like twenty years ago. She said the music was on the entire time and if you so much as hum the music she freaks out. Guess she won't be joining us on that ride in 2 weeks when we're all there together.

the music doesn't bother me as much now, but years ago I would wear ear buds and play some other music so that IASW would not get stuck in my head.

We got stick for like 10 minutes at the beginning of last month. I was updating people on Facebook. It went something like....

Minute 2: We've stopped in the USA area of Its A Small World. Yay! Time to take pictures as we're not moving!

Minute 4: I've taken pictures of everything--more than 5 times over. [Grand]Kid is wondering when we will move again.

Minute 6: They announced technical difficulties. Is the difficulty that we aren't moving, or that they are unable to stop the song??

Minute 8: We've moved 8 inches. It doesn't sound like much, but, you know, its a small world after all.

Minute 10: We're moving! The song is tinnitus in my ears.

Minute 12: Police--uniformed officers-- outside the ride. Was someone being naughty, or do they need back up for someone trying to kill the dolls to stop the singing? At any rate, we're free. Kid will probably be scarred forever.

We got stuck once but at WDW, which prompted a conversation about the dolls and what they may do at night when the park is quiet. It's amazing how fast that happy, kid friendly ride becomes a nightmare if you think about it too long.
I'm a librarian, and I just had to mention the book Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson
It tells you what happens in IASW when the park closes... :eek:

I'm a librarian, and I just had to mention the book Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson
It tells you what happens in IASW when the park closes... :eek:

I read a few of those a year or two ago. If I ever get stuck on IASW, for even a minute, I'll probably give myself a panic attack just remembering that scene. NOPE. NOPE. NOOOOOOPE.

I’ve got no problem with iasw...if I got stuck it would just give me an extended chance to work out all the harmony lines in the song.

I don’t get earworms due to being a musician, if anything gets stuck in there it’s gone in two minutes anyway, replace by something else...

Sounds awesome to me. That’s my fave song. I used to have an album with it that I played over and over and over. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter