Stuck on Small World for 30 minutes ...

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by BriannaRuth, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BriannaRuth

BriannaRuth DIS Veteran

My DD told me she was stuck on Small World for 30 minutes a couple of days ago. Said they played the music over and over and over and over and over and over again for about the first 15 minutes. After that, they cut it off. But she said that was almost even worse because the only thing she could hear was the sound of all the dolls blinking their eyes, which was very creepy! :laughing:

They were on it so long that they got TWO anytime FPs, so it worked out ... but she says she'll never ride Small World again ...

2. StarlitNight05

StarlitNight05 DIS Veteran

Ha! That's hilarious! At least she got 2 FPs out of it. I've never gotten stuck on that ride, but always imagined it'd probably be the most maddening!

gottalovepluto and B3rlingirl like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 22Tink

22Tink BC, Canada

Oh boy! That’s the stuff nightmares are made of...I can’t imagine being stuck with all of those blinking dolls. :scared:

goooof1 likes this.
  5. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

LOL - I can relate. We got stuck on it too, right as the boat was coming out of the building so we got to have full exposure to the song over and over as they unloaded the boats in front of us. Finally we got helped out of the boat and walked back along side the water to the loading area. I'm not sure how they got everyone out that was inside the ride out though or if they finally got the boats moving again.

6. Indiana Scott

Indiana Scott Bothell Washington

Can she still hear the music in her head? :crazy2:

7. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

THAT sounds like a nightmare. :laughing:

8. Erin M

Erin M Mouseketeer

We got stuck once but at WDW, which prompted a conversation about the dolls and what they may do at night when the park is quiet. It's amazing how fast that happy, kid friendly ride becomes a nightmare if you think about it too long.

pblack likes this.
  9. momof2n2

momof2n2 DIS Veteran

That's so awful!!!!! LOL.
    The FP's are nice, but it won't pay for the therapy she might need.

10. pennym

pennym QueenP

At least it would be cool in there right?

11. BriannaRuth

BriannaRuth DIS Veteran

I was kind of bummed about it ... I actually like to ride SW once per trip, and this DD is the only person who'll ride it with me! And now she says she's done. :sad1:

12. Bluewild79

Bluewild79 Mouseketeer

Oh my! Creepy blinking dolls watching my every move. No!!

My friend's mom once got stuck on IASW for hours, like twenty years ago. She said the music was on the entire time and if you so much as hum the music she freaks out. Guess she won't be joining us on that ride in 2 weeks when we're all there together.

BriannaRuth and azdisneylover like this.
  13. gary1955

gary1955 Mouseketeer

the music doesn't bother me as much now, but years ago I would wear ear buds and play some other music so that IASW would not get stuck in my head.

BriannaRuth likes this.
  14. lalasmama

lalasmama DIS Veteran

We got stick for like 10 minutes at the beginning of last month. I was updating people on Facebook. It went something like....

Minute 2: We've stopped in the USA area of Its A Small World. Yay! Time to take pictures as we're not moving!

Minute 4: I've taken pictures of everything--more than 5 times over. [Grand]Kid is wondering when we will move again.

Minute 6: They announced technical difficulties. Is the difficulty that we aren't moving, or that they are unable to stop the song??

Minute 8: We've moved 8 inches. It doesn't sound like much, but, you know, its a small world after all.

Minute 10: We're moving! The song is tinnitus in my ears.

Minute 12: Police--uniformed officers-- outside the ride. Was someone being naughty, or do they need back up for someone trying to kill the dolls to stop the singing? At any rate, we're free. Kid will probably be scarred forever.

15. Dizzy4DL

Dizzy4DL Happiest when I have a countdown

I'm a librarian, and I just had to mention the book Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson
    It tells you what happens in IASW when the park closes... :eek:

16. ToxicRoyalty

ToxicRoyalty Villain in a princess tiara

I read a few of those a year or two ago. If I ever get stuck on IASW, for even a minute, I'll probably give myself a panic attack just remembering that scene. NOPE. NOPE. NOOOOOOPE.

Dizzy4DL likes this.
  17. Cubbiecakes

Cubbiecakes Mr. Cakes

I’ve got no problem with iasw...if I got stuck it would just give me an extended chance to work out all the harmony lines in the song.

I don’t get earworms due to being a musician, if anything gets stuck in there it’s gone in two minutes anyway, replace by something else...

BriannaRuth and bumbershoot like this.
  18. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Sounds awesome to me. That’s my fave song. I used to have an album with it that I played over and over and over. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    BriannaRuth likes this.
  19. allgrownup

allgrownup Mouseketeer

Had to reserve the book Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark.... :D