Strollers on boats and gondola

westie55

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! So, I love staying on the monorail to avoid having to wake up napping children to pile them onto the bus. However, the monorail resorts are SO expensive, and I don't really care for the Contemporary which is the most reasonable of the 3. Tell me about boat transport to and from Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk and the Skyliner. I assume strollers must be folded and children removed for the skyliner, correct? What about the boats going to and from WL and the Boardwalk? Can strollers be rolled onto those or do they need to be folded? Thanks!

Hi everyone! So, I love staying on the monorail to avoid having to wake up napping children to pile them onto the bus. However, the monorail resorts are SO expensive, and I don't really care for the Contemporary which is the most reasonable of the 3. Tell me about boat transport to and from Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk and the Skyliner. I assume strollers must be folded and children removed for the skyliner, correct? What about the boats going to and from WL and the Boardwalk? Can strollers be rolled onto those or do they need to be folded? Thanks!
cant say for WL but on the big boat to the Fort could drive on if double fit thru door. small boats had to fold like buses as a step down if I remember right. from what I have read about Skyliner doubles have to be folded singles can roll on. Contemporary is only one for sure with no folding of strollers

For the Boardwalk and those boats. I have seen strollers allowed to be rolled on and kids left in them, but I have also been there when there are so many people with strollers that all families were being asked to fold them to create more room. This is especially true if they have several ECVs or wheelchairs since open strollers would go in the same spots as the ECVs and wheelchairs go. Honestly, the walk from Boardwalk to eitheer Epcot or Hollywood Studios is very easy and then no strollers need to be folded.

Wilderness Lodge: When you’re on the small boat, you have to fold it. So - most of the time, you have to fold.

Epcot resort Friendships: I have been allowed to roll my stroller on, but had to sit in the back. The boat was not crowded at all. I imagine if it was a crowded boat they would have made me fold it. Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

Friendship boats: I agree w/ MickeyWaffles. Strollers have to stay at the back of the boat and are not folded.
Basically, small boats fold up strollers; Friendship and ferries no folding in general.

For the gondolas we have been allowed to keep our double (front and back, not double wide) stroller open with kids in it. It’s so much better than the buses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter