strollers on board-rent or bring?

momdoc

Mouseketeer
I read at the entropy site that Disney has strollers on board.
These are my questions:
1. Free or Fee?
2. Do they recline (so a child could nap in it)?
3. Can you take them off the ship?
4. Charge to rent at Castaway Cay?

Thank you!!!

The strollers are on a first come, first served basis, they are free. However, the buzz on the board is that they aren't great and there aren't many available.

Take your own! If only because you and your child are familiar and comfortable in your stroller. Our DD was 8 months old and we took the huge car seat/stroller combo and it was terrific. We had no problem finding a place to stash it in public areas and our cabin!

Have a great trip!
Susan

I would bring your own. the reason being is that the wheels on the strollers do not pivot. (at least they didn't 3 years ago) this is so the strollers can go on the beach. Trying to manuver the shops at Nassua was not easy.

If your stroller does not have wheel locks, I would reccomend trying to get one of the DCL strollers for any beach excursions you do. Pivoting wheels will not go through the sand.

Two weeks ago we went to Guest Services to borrow a stroller. No fee, we could take it off the ship, and it did recline so DD could nap while we walked the streets of St. Martin. I believe it was a Grayco, with a basket underneath. It folded so we could store it in our closet ( Not an umberella stroller, though). The wheels moved like any other stroller. There are other strollers at Castaway Cay with special large wheels. I'm not sure about any fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter