Stroller Storage during cruise

Spetch

Earning My Ears
First off we have planned a pre-cruise and post cruise park visit. We are staying pre-cruise @ Animal Kingdom Lodge and post cruise @ Copper Creek. We do want to bring our double stroller as the kids can get pretty exhausted walking the parks all day. The stroller is a City Select and I am pretty confident it will fit folded under the bed in our stateroom. We won't need it for the cruise at all so I just wondering if anyone has had more recent info on where we should leave it. I prefer not to bring it on board at all, but will Bell services at our resort store/move it? If we do have to take it on board, can we "check" it with our luggage so we don't have to haul it around?

I am pretty confident it will fit folded under the bed in our stateroom. We won't need it for the cruise at all

That's awesome. You're awesome. I hate it when you try to get around the ship or on an elevator and people got these huge freaking strollers that take up the whole walkway, hallway, elevator, etc. I mean huge strollers like way oversized for a cruise ship. They got to start limiting the size of these things like when airlines limit carry on sizes.

First off we have planned a pre-cruise and post cruise park visit. We are staying pre-cruise @ Animal Kingdom Lodge and post cruise @ Copper Creek. We do want to bring our double stroller as the kids can get pretty exhausted walking the parks all day. The stroller is a City Select and I am pretty confident it will fit folded under the bed in our stateroom. We won't need it for the cruise at all so I just wondering if anyone has had more recent info on where we should leave it. I prefer not to bring it on board at all, but will Bell services at our resort store/move it? If we do have to take it on board, can we "check" it with our luggage so we don't have to haul it around?

I definitely wouldn't check it with the luggage at the port. It could very likely be damaged in the crush of bags coming onto the ship. You could check with bell services at AKL about dropping it off there and having them transfer it to Copper Creek, but I'd recommend bringing it with you and storing it under the bed. I'd just be too nervous it would get lost or damaged at bell services.

Personally I would leave the stroller at home and rent one.

Kingdomstrollers.com has really good rates. We are using them for the first time in July, based on recommendations I got on the dis.

If your trip is after ours, I'll let you know how it goes.

Some people have reported being able to use bell services when they are staying both before and after a cruise, so it doesn't hurt to ask. They might even be willing to shift your stroller to CC if they are moving other luggage.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I will try to leave it @ CC, maybe have the AK front desk phone over there and see if I can drop it off there when the kiddos head to bed.

Edit/Update: So I got in touch with CC bell services and they had no major issues saying they could store it for us, just asked if it folded down small (which it does).

Last edited:
Personally I would leave the stroller at home and rent one.

Kingdomstrollers.com has really good rates. We are using them for the first time in July, based on recommendations I got on the dis.

If your trip is after ours, I'll let you know how it goes.
We've used a couple of the stroller rental companies at WDW and have been very happy with them. I second this recommendation. Then you don't have to lug it on the plane with you either.

We've used Kingdom for all of our WDW trips with no issues. They drop off and pick up at your hotel. It's great.

Edit/Update: So I got in touch with CC bell services and they had no major issues saying they could store it for us, just asked if it folded down small (which it does).

I wouldn’t trust the convo, because it’s pretty much impossible to speak to anyone at an actual resort, let alone someone at Bell. Even when you’re *there* hitting the “front desk”’button takes you off site.

So temper that conversation with a healthy dose of cynicism. It will probably be likely, but it is not a given.

I wouldn’t trust the convo, because it’s pretty much impossible to speak to anyone at an actual resort, let alone someone at Bell. Even when you’re *there* hitting the “front desk”’button takes you off site.

So temper that conversation with a healthy dose of cynicism. It will probably be likely, but it is not a given.
They did transfer me and she answered CC Bell services so there is that. However worst case I have to take an extra bus ride with an empty stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter