Stroller hire - tip!! wish we'd known....

busnae

Earning My Ears
Hi we came back this weekend from our first trip. We had delayed hiring a stroller on saturday as we were hopping between the two parks and didn't want to pay a deposit to take it between them.

However, on sunday our little one (aged nearly 6) was tired so we hired it and rather cheekily attempted to take it out of disney into walt disney and did so with no problem HOwever they then wouldn't let us back out of walt disney with it

What they did tell us was to take the stroller label with our name on and our receipt to each of the stroller hire shops and they would jsut give us another that day - so although you can't take the stroller out without paying a deposit you can have a replacement without paying more than once each day.

Maybe would be good to include this in the Brit guide book? It would have made a difference to our saturday for sure

WOW, great tip, This will come in very handy on our upcoming trip.:thumbsup2

How much is stroller hire these days? Last two visits we have just taken our own, but dont think I'll bother this time.

Hey that is a great tip if it works.

I have always paid per day that we hired a stroller.

Do they do ones with a buggy board on the back for older kids to stand on?

They do do the buggy board one and it was a cm who told us to do the thing with the card and the receipt and we had no problems doing it it disneyland park at all.
i think that you still have to pay per day but you can get a stroller in each of the parks not over the days - does that make sense!

thats great news. we were thinking of hiring one for our daugter who is 6 but when she's got tired legs she is a nightmare plus handy for throwing your coats and bags in too.

think one with a board on the back will entice her more.

As long as you keep your receipt you can get a buggy at any park or the same park if your one goes missing for some reason :thumbsup2

Even if you return to the park in the evening you can get re issued with one as long as you have your receipt :thumbsup2

Sorry - I could've told you that about the 1 hire charge/day for both parks. Glad someone at the parks was able to tell you, it's a shame they don't give you an info sheet when you hire.

There is a sign at the buggy hire that says this but I suspect that most guests do not notice.

It is a useful reminder since not everyone is as up to speed as DLP veterans :thumbsup2

I didn't know this

and had to leave a deposit

didn't pay for hire though as have dream APs

I didn't know this

and had to leave a deposit

didn't pay for hire though as have dream APs

Hiya,

If you are staying for a few days and want to hire stroller every day with Dream APs, do you have to queue up every day? Or, can you hire it for a few days, take it back to the hotel with you every night, and give it back at the end?
I'm only asking because I'm sure someone said on a recent thread that the queues can be quite bad??:confused3

Hi

we didn't stay onsite,and didn't hire one all day every day

but i don't think you can take it with you to the hotels

x

You can hire them for the duration of your stay and then you're free to take them from the parks back to the resort hotels, (wouldn't like to say you could do this with the offsites), but to do it you have to pay a hefty deposit.
They're quite bulky and heavy and of course don't fold, I watched a couple trying to get theirs onto the shuttle bus at Cheyenne the other week, not easy with a full bus, great for little ones though if you don't mind walking to from the hotels. :)

And yes the queues can be awful and not everyone actually waits in the queue if you know what I mean...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter