Stroller as wheelchair

sha3279

Earning My Ears
Hi!
We have a trip booked for March and it’s our first trip with our son. He’s 4 and has severe global apraxia along with hypotonia. Because of the hypotonia his muscles get very tired from standing or walking a lot. We figure the best idea is to get him a stroller as a wheelchair pass mainly for the longer lines and shows that would require a lot of stairs which are hard for him because of his motor planning difficulties. Do we need any documentation or do we just tell them the reason he requires his stroller? How does it work on rides like splash where there are stairs? Sorry if these are silly questions...I’ve been over 30 times but this is my first trip having a stroller and a child with a disability so it’s a little different. Thanks!!

Just stop by Guest Relations and briefly explain that your child needs a stroller-as-wheelchair tag. No documentation needed. In queues with stairs you’ll be directed to an accessible entrance; at Splash it is a pull-out near the stairs that takes you in through the exit.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter