STROLLER ºoº baby sleeping in umbrella strollers ~ love your advise!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Our stroller dilema was solved today when I took the kids (dd 7 yo, ds 1 yo) for a 'test' run in the double stroller. The stroller hit a chunk of ice and the front BROKE off ~ no fixing it. So NO double stroller, kinda good because dh hated to bring it and I was on the fence. So we decided to to just bring our little snuggli, big snuggli with small wheel (the backpack stoller type) and one umbrella stroller for the baby, we will rent a stroller for dd (7yo). We plan on sticking to baby's sleep schedule of going to bed at 7 pm, waking at 7 am and one 2 hour nap in the afternoon. We don't plan on having baby sleep in the stroller, but he might just end up taking a nap in the umbrella stroller HERE'S MY QUESTION: How comfortable do you think sleeping in an umbrella stroller is!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

I think it depends on the child. Our children could sleep pretty much anywhere in any number of seemingly uncomfortable positions. In general, I think the umbrella stroller should work fine. It's also a lot easier lugging this type of stroller on the Disney busses than the regular or double stroller, particular if the bus is standing room only.

Mine, too will sleep almost anywhere. I've always figured that if they were able to sleep, they couldn't be too uncomfortable.

Hey Nottoogoofy. I noticed you are from Beavercreek. Just down the road.

Last year in San Diego, it took him a while to fall asleep because he had alot to look at for a 2 year old, but in the Zoo and Sea World he had no problem sleeping for a good 1-2 hours.

good luck :cool:

While the reclining strollers are the best, the last time we were at WDW, we had a stroller that did not recline. My 2YO wasn't the type to sleep in strollers, but she did at WDW.

If they are tired enough, they'll fall asleep.

°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;
font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#666699'>’79 Poly, ’80 Cont, ’81 Disney Inn, ’82 Poly, ’83 Fairway Villas, ’84/’85 Off-site condo, ’87 Days Inn<o:p></o:p></span>
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;
font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#339966'>April ’91 Cont(Honeymoon), Oct ’95 ASM, Oct ’98 AS<o:p></o:p></span>
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:red'>Next trip: Nov ’01 Cont</p>

Iguess it depends on your umbrella stroller - my old one reclined, and my dd was always happy to sleep in that. (Although she tended to fall asleep upright, and then be reclined, so it may not have made much difference).

My new stroller doesn't recline, but Katie has slept in it once, when she was exhausted, but she is older now (3.5) and I think less likely to sleep in any buggy.

When she was younger she would even sleep in a backpack!

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter