• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Straw Market & Blue Lagoon - is it possible?

LarryGadget

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to do the Blue Lagoon excursion at Nassau, come back early, and walk to the straw market for shopping after? Please help! I booked the Blue Lagoon and yesterday my wife said she wanted to go to the straw market. Can you walk to the straw market from the ship? Or do you grab a taxi??? :confused:

I can't comment on the Blue Lagoon Dolphin pkg., but if you booked Blue Lagoon beach day, you might want to reconsider. We did this in May. #1 "beach" is very,very small ... #2 sand was full of liter and stones - water was dangerous -it had a big drop off spot and the bottom was full of rocks. #3 There are not a lot beach chairs ..lots of hammocks but the majority are not along the water. #4 there is tropical music blaring and this isn't the nice tropical steel drum music you hear aboard ship or when thinking of tropical music..it was this loud, frantic drumbeat that never varied and never ended...I actually felt ill from hearing it nonstop for hours . #5 food was so-so. Lots of flies hoovering over it and the ice in the punch was dirty. An awful lot of people who had just gone for the Blue Lagoon beach day were lined up on the dock just waiting for the ferry back to Nassau long before it had docked. I know it was just a speck on the horizon when the three families I was with got in line.In MHO, not worth the money. Wish we'd just gotten a taxi to one of the local nassau beaches.
We did have time to stop at the shops and straw market on our return.

Wow, my family thought Blue Lagoon was better than CC. Much less crowded and we actually got to see things while snorkling. We walked to the other side of the island and did the swim with the stingrays. It was great!!! Larrygadget, you should have plenty of time to do both. Just make sure that you take the first ferry back to Nassau. The Strawmarket is acrossed the street from where the ferry docks. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter