Strategy for 4 day trip Columbus Day

nolatravelgirl

Mouseketeer
Plan is to have 4 park days Sunday, Monday (Columbus Day), Tuesday and Wednesday. I have been watching recent reservation availability and the it looks like HS and MK are pretty much the only ones that max out early. Would it be wise to go ahead and book 2 MK mornings and 2 HS mornings and then hop in the evening? It doesn't seem like EP or AK ever book up. If we did decide to swap one of our days it seems like it would be pretty easy to swap out the day before. We will be staying Deluxe and we do plan on utilizing the evening magic hours for EP (Monday, Columbus Day) and MK on Wednesday. We are going on all the big attractions and definitely want to buy ROTR. Having two morning reservations at HS increases our chances of at least getting it once.

Your plan makes sense to me. AK and Epcot do book up, but rarely and much closer to the date. Booking your two most desired parks now gives you more flexibility as you get closer.

And remember that being eligible for DEEH means you’re eligible to try for the 6 PM GotG VQ drop, whether you’ve entered Epcot by then or not.

I would do I day at each park so you have that time and can park hop if needed. When we there in November for 9 days we could not get ROTR for our first HS day were on at 7 am but kept having issues where there was an error message or kept asking for my password with a code sent by e-mail and by that time was all gone. Our next day was at AK and we were able to get Rise for 6 pm. We got there and it had broken down. Luckily we stayed in the area and it came back up in an hour.

I like your strategy of booking those two parks two days and either going to them and hopping later or potentially switching to AK/Epcot last minute if they have reservations. I like this strategy for two reasons one gives you more opportunities to try for ROTR if you can get it one day it is possible you could cancel your park reservation and go to another park if there are reservations available of course. While less of a concern in October weather can also play a factor. There are certain parks I personally would not want to do in the rain so I'd like to be able to switch around and being able to get a last min reservation at Epcot or AK just seems more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter