Strangest reason you have heard someone complain

Critically ill patient's family wanted to know if he'd die while they went to Wendy's, wondered what was taking so long. Crazy mom's complaint that I wasn't "upset" because her allergic son (who was perfectly fine) ate some peanuts. Actually, she was complaining that the whole staff didn't care. People watch too much TV.

I used to be a cashier at a grocery store, my two weirdest complaints were that I was too friendly and that I was too fast, which was especially odd since I was in the express checkout, being fast is kind of the point!

In college I worked at a craft store and a customer wanted to return bedazzler supplies because they didn't need them anymore. The store didn't sell those and hadn't in years. The price tag was dated like 1992 and it was 2000.since they pitched a fit we gave them store credit for half the price. A whole dollar something.

My co-worker complained when we had to shift her from salary to hourly (new laws) and she actually had to start taking a lunch break and couldn't work 9 hour days so she could take time off more than vacation accrued. Seriously, I'm still salaried so I have to work during her lunch breaks and now have to work 10 hour days and haven't actually used vacation time in 26 years.

My employer brought in a new outside HR firm, and it was decided I & the only other salaried employee would now be hourly. She complained to me as if we were a kindred spirit.

Uh no. I get that you're unhappy about actually having to log at least 40 hours a week, but personally I was pretty excited about the 3-400 hours of OT per year that I'd now see reflected in my check (After several years, I'm back salary again :().

I was in Hawaii a few weeks ago and complained about the "crappy" weather. It snowed 8" the week I got home. A few inches the following week, and a blizzard last week.

Yeah, I could use some more of that "crappy" Hawaii weather and I won't complain! :)

My personal favorites, in no particular order.

1. People at a state park in Michigan in June demanding we get rid of all the bugs.

2. Man in restaurant ordered a t bone steak, when it came he picked it up like he was eating ribs and bit directly into the bone then complained his steak had a bone in it.

3. Couple ordered a pizza with double cheese and extra pepperoni then complained that it was greasy.

4. My ex MIL complaining about the cost of healthcare then complaining that the hospital located less than 5 miles away was too far away and the hospital needed to build facilities closer to her house.

In college I worked at a small candy shop. This woman had me hand-pack six 1lb boxes of chocolates and gift wrap them. She spent forever picking the individual chocolates, picking the gift wrap etc.

A week later she came back in with her receipt (no candy) and demanded a full refund. She told us that she had shipped the candy (all 6lbs) to her son in TEXAS for his birthday and it all arrived melted and inedible. It was June!! o_O

I used to be a cashier at a grocery store, my two weirdest complaints were that I was too friendly and that I was too fast, which was especially odd since I was in the express checkout, being fast is kind of the point!

Had this complaint myself. I was a clerk(had no idea what I was doing--not being trained) and the secretary kept telling me to slow down or I wouldn't have anything to do. I was always taught to work proficiently, not lolly-gag about. About 6 months after I quit I saw that secretary and she told me that they sure did miss me around the office. o_O

I work for the Chamber and the Arts & Crafts Association and I hear ALL the time that we only accept applicaitons during set times, and that that isn't fair or long enough to get an app in.

We accept applications March 1 - April 15th for the FIRST HEAT - We have accepted applicatoins up to the DAY OF the fair due to not being full!!

"The BBQ is too BBQ-ey" (I'm still not sure what that woman meant)

"I want fresh xxxxx (insert food item here)". Thirty seconds later "What's taking so long?"

"My shake is too cold!" (um, it's made from ice cream????.....)

"My fries are too fresh"

"There are too many choices! How am I supposed to know what I want?" (at Chipotle)

"Why are you wearing gloves when you make my food? Are your hands dirty or something" (at Chipotle, was standard policy when making food, I was at the tortilla station)
"Why aren't you wearing gloves? What if your hands are dirty or something" (same woman, the next day...and I was at the cash register the second time, so no need for gloves)

My employer brought in a new outside HR firm, and it was decided I & the only other salaried employee would now be hourly. She complained to me as if we were a kindred spirit.

Uh no. I get that you're unhappy about actually having to log at least 40 hours a week, but personally I was pretty excited about the 3-400 hours of OT per year that I'd now see reflected in my check (After several years, I'm back salary again :().

Her only purpose of being here is backup for me, she answers the phone so we don't allow her to work over 40 hours a week since our phone only rings about twice a day and she does nothing else but sit at her desk and email friends. That is when she bothers to come in, which is why I end up working so many hours.

I have joked with checkout people that they are too fast when they keep up with, or surpass the speed at which I'm placing my items on the belt :)

A neighbor complained that my dog was too big for me. First of all, he's a medium-sized breed. Secondly, he was the runt of his litter so he's actually at the very low end of his breed's size range. But mostly - if I don't think my dog is too big for me, why would she care?

A friend of my mom's railed on and on about having to come up with a weekly menu for the family. Said no one could possibly know the stress it gave her. *She didn't have to prepare the meals*, just tell the cook what she wanted. Poor thing!

I sincerely WISH I had this to complain about!!! ;)

When I was in HS I worked at Burger King and had a soda thrown at me because it was carbonated.

I work in higher education and every year have a student complain that they didn't get into grad school. While I'm sympathetic to them, a GPA hovering just over 2.0 isn't going to get you into Grad school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter