Strange Fantasmic! dinner package phone call

mousefan1972

DIS Veteran
So today is my 180 days from check in. We arrive 12/18. Thanks to the Dis, I knew about the online "glitch" and made all my ressies last week. The only one I couldn't make online was for the Fantasmic package. So I called today, right at 7 am EST. We are staying 9 nights, and our top 3 choices for the dinner package were December 20, 22, or 26. I figured our best shot was for the 26th, due to the first 2 dates being early in our trip.

So I get right through to a CM, and she tells me that for our entire 9 night stay, all that was available was the Hollywood Brown Derby (2 TS credits). She knew we were on the DDP because she retrieved our DVC reservation prior to checking availability. She said there was nothing at Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose AT ALL. I found this very hard to believe, because Dec. 26 was 8 nights into our trip. She was adamant that only Brown Derby was available. We did not want Brown Derby so I thanked her and ended the call. After thinking about it for a bit, I called back around 9 am EST. Sure enough, the first day the CM checks, December 20th, had availbility at H & V for a Fantastmic dinner package at 4:15. (show is at 6:30)

So... I know CM's are coached (and graded on) "upselling" stuff like party tickets and Cirque de Soleil tickets. Do you think she was trying to get me to book Brown Derby b/c it is 2 TS credits, and thus would have gotten more points for it? I know someone will say that the H & V ressie could have opened up in the 2 hours between calls, and yes, it could have. But I honestly doubt it. I think the first CM either 1. didn't know what she was doing or 2. was purposely trying to get me to book Brown Derby. What do you guys think? Oh, and btw, I was very happy to get the ressie I originally wanted!!

#1 - didn't know what she was doing or

my own #2 - the system was being wonky, things weren't loaded yet, etc. I think this is more likely.

They may be trained to upsell, but I don't believe they are allowed/trained to lie to guests.

#1 - didn't know what she was doing or

my own #2 - the system was being wonky, things weren't loaded yet, etc. I think this is more likely.

They may be trained to upsell, but I don't believe they are allowed/trained to lie to guests.

Good point, I didn't even consider your #2. It was likely that or she didn't know how to check the other restaurants. It was just so weird.... she was adamant there was nothing, then 2 hours later... different CM, and there it was, exactly what I orignally wanted to book.

I made my reservations today for 12/20 and was told he system was having problems with the system today

I made my reservations today for 12/20 and was told he system was having problems with the system today

That explains it... thanks. Here I was, convincing myself the evil CM was trying up upsell me... :rolleyes: I need a drink. (kidding)

I definatly think it was the system. I called yesterday as well since it was my 180 day as well. It took forever for the her to get stuff and then she was reading stuff to me and her screen would blank out and she would have to go back in. I was happy though I got the Pirate and Pals fireworks cruise for Christmas night and a Fantasmic package for the 20th at Mama Melrose which was exactly what I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter