• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stormalong Bay Question

davisfamilyfive

Earning My Ears
Thinking of booking this resort for the pool for our 10 day stay in August. However, my 9 and 8 year old still wear life vests. I have read conflicting information on whether or not they would be allowed down the big slide with their life vests. My 14 year old really wants to stay at BCR but if my other two can't go down the big slide it would be really disappointing.

Anyone stayed recently that can confirm whether or not life vests are allowed on the big slide?

I believe that life vests on the slide is a safety issue. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, I believe the slide only empties out into like 3 feet of water. How tall are your 8 and 9 year old? Wouldn't they be able to stand at the bottom?

Thinking of booking this resort for the pool for our 10 day stay in August. However, my 9 and 8 year old still wear life vests. I have read conflicting information on whether or not they would be allowed down the big slide with their life vests. My 14 year old really wants to stay at BCR but if my other two can't go down the big slide it would be really disappointing.

Anyone stayed recently that can confirm whether or not life vests are allowed on the big slide?

My In Laws were there in April and the kids were all allowed down the Flying Jib slide with their life vests.

We went last April and my DD7 went down the big slide with the Disney provided life vest.

Every time we have stayed there we have been encouraged to get a life vest for DD to go down the slide. I've seen multiple kids with life vests go down the slide. I wonder if there was a mis-trained CM that told people they couldn't. (At the Universal hotel pools kids have to wear a life jacket on the slides until they are 48" tall.)

We were at BC in March and DS (4.5) wore one of the Disney life vests down the slide 20+ times over the course of 5 days and multiple different life guards. It was perfectly acceptable.

That said, had DS been slightly older and taller, I don't know that he would've needed it. The water depth is just around 4 feet at that spot, I think. The life guard is also right at the base of the slide.

Yes, our son wore a life vest when we stayed there. They also have a little kid slide (very small). But, be aware, the entrance to both slides is out of the pool complex. Your kids will have to leave the gate and walk across the walkway to get to the slide stairs. I found it annoying more than worrisome, as my older son is responsible, but I just don't like not being able to actually see my kids, so it meant that I found myself often getting up and accompanying them. We don't stay at BC anymore--my kids are just as happy (even prefer) GF or BWI pool slides, as they are just as fun and WAY less crowded.

We were just there end of April/beginning of May & DS4 wore his lifevest every time, no question.

We were at Storm Along today. I asked the life guard about wearing life vests on the slide. She said that they could wear the vests that the resort provides but not flotation devices that people bring from home. :)

Wood Nymph beat me to it. This is correct. We asked the same specific question last November for our 4yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter