Storage prior to a stay

chinooker

DIS DAD #776
We are booked for 10 nights between Thanskgiving and Christmas and wanted to add a couple of days on the front end. Unfortunately, there is no availability at the moment, so we were going to stay a couple of nights at POR and wanted to ask a couple of questions:

-Does Disney allow storage of an RV prior to the stay (2 nights prior) if we have a booked stay at another Disney Resort?
-If not, is there a close, convenient location to store the camper?

I appreciate the help. We are experienced campers, but we have never created this issue for ourselves before.

Erik

When we were there during Hurricane Irma, we had our camper stored in a lot out back of the hotel. My big question is what do you plan on doing with perishable foods ?
There will be nowhere to plug in.
I have heard of them having people store their trailers at TTC in the past, if no room at the resort parking lots. No they will not let you store it at the Fort. The Fort overflow lot will be full that time of year anyway.

When we were there during Hurricane Irma, we had our camper stored in a lot out back of the hotel. My big question is what do you plan on doing with perishable foods ?
There will be nowhere to plug in.
I have heard of them having people store their trailers at TTC in the past, if no room at the resort parking lots. No they will not let you store it at the Fort. The Fort overflow lot will be full that time of year anyway.
We don't plan on having a bunch of perishables in the camper for the two nights prior to our Fort Stay. We had planned on shopping on the day of the Fort check-in. I managed to get in touch with the Fort front desk this morning and they said that Disney will accomodate so no need for an off-property storage recommendation.

Thanks

I have seen RVs in disney resort parking lots before (POR, i think.. could have been POP)... obviously not boondocking but owners staying at the resort before going camping or perhaps similar to your situation..

We don't plan on having a bunch of perishables in the camper for the two nights prior to our Fort Stay. We had planned on shopping on the day of the Fort check-in. I managed to get in touch with the Fort front desk this morning and they said that Disney will accomodate so no need for an off-property storage recommendation.

Thanks
Even if you had perishables does your camper fridge run on battery or propane? That would work for only 2 days.

Even if you had perishables does your camper fridge run on battery or propane? That would work for only 2 days.
Ours is a battery (12 V) fridge. I agree it would probably work, but we are usually fairly light on the fridge goods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter