Stopping In Nascar Territory On The Way Up,how Much Farther

kg66

DIS Veteran
:moped: WE LEAVE IN 14 DAYS, AND WE'RE STOPPING IN NC ON THE WAY TO THE WORLD, TO CHECK OUT NASCAR GARAGES. HOW MUCH LONGER ONCE WE LEAVE THE MOORESVILLE,NC AREA? SHOULD WE DRIVE FURTHER, OR SPEND THE NIGHT IN NC, OR SC? WE ARE TRAVELING WITH OUR 4 & 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS?

2005-(IN 14 DAYS) 7 NIGHT LAND (CBR) & 4 NIGHT SEA(DISNEY WONDER) :jumping4:
2004- FORT WILDERNESS
1981-OFF PROPERTY

Mooresville is about an hour north of me, but when we drive down to Disney, we usually do it in one trip with the kids, now 6 and 4. I guess it depends how long you've already driven and what time of day it is when you're coming thru. It usually takes us an average of 9 hours, btw.

So Once We Leave Mooresville, We're Looking At 10 Hours Or So? We Are Leaving The Night Before, The Kids Will Sleep On The Way Down, When They Wake Up,we'll Be Around N.c. We'll Tour The Shops, Then Depending On How We Feel We'll Either Continue On, Or Get A Room. We Don't Have To Be At Cbr Until Sun. Am. But We Have Ressies In Lake Buena Vista For Sat. Night. We're Leaving Home Thursday Night. Hopefully The Weather Co-operates For Easy Driving! Thanks For The Info.

I hope you have a safe trip! You'll probably know after you tour the shops whether or not you'll want to drive more or stay the night. If you have time, go to the race track also and try to take the tour on the track. WOA! That's pretty cool!
What shops are you going to visit?

WELL JR. IS MY BOY!!! MY DD7 & DD4 ALSO LOVE JR, BUT DAD IS A HARVICK FAN. SO WE'RE DEFINITELY GOING TO DEI, AND MY BROTHER IS A BIG RUSTY FAN, SO THAT'S FOR SURE. WE'RE HAVING TROUBLE FINDING RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING GARAGE, ANY CLUE? WE'RE GOING TO DAYTONA INT'L SPEEDWAY AFTER THE CRUISE, SO WE'LL DO THE TRACK TOUR THERE. HOW LONG FROM THE SHOPS TO THE SC BORDER? MAYBE WE'LL TRY TO MAKE IT THAT FAR? 14 DAYS AND COUNTING TIL WE LEAVE :flower1:

kg66 said:
WE'RE HAVING TROUBLE FINDING RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING GARAGE, ANY CLUE? WE'RE GOING TO DAYTONA INT'L SPEEDWAY AFTER THE CRUISE, SO WE'LL DO THE TRACK TOUR THERE. HOW LONG FROM THE SHOPS TO THE SC BORDER? MAYBE WE'LL TRY TO MAKE IT THAT FAR? 14 DAYS AND COUNTING TIL WE LEAVE :flower1:

I've never been to RCR because it's really not near any of the other shops, you have to want to go there specifically. So, I really can't help you there. And since I'm a HUGE Bobby Labonte fan, I'm going to suggest going to Joe Gibbs Racing. :love: They have a nice shop too.
From Mooresville, it's probably about 30 miles down the highway till you get to SC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter