Stitch ride closed for meet and greet, possibly

CAS239

Disney Vet Squad ∞
New info: Meet and Greet will open October 8th

Apprently Stitch’s Great Escape at the Magic Kingdom is no more, replaced with the yet-to-open Stitch’s Alien Encounter Character Greeting in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom.

No further details are available as of yet, but it seems likely that guests will be able to meet Stitch here starting soon (purely speculation on our part).

Stitch’s Great Escape went into seasonal operation last year, last open a few weeks ago for the busy summer season.

Photo courtesy of @1Ben_Laurence on twitter.

From WDWNT

Last edited:
Editing info:
Stitch will meet guests in the open area prior to the actual ride area.

With it being indoors, Stitch can hang out longer meeting guests before he leaves to do whatever he does before returning.

Will this still be there in late February/early March? I planned a breakfast at Ohana because my niece loves Stitch, but I'd much rather meet him at MK and save our table service credit for something else.

Will this still be there in late February/early March? I planned a breakfast at Ohana because my niece loves Stitch, but I'd much rather meet him at MK and save our table service credit for something else.

I would imagine it'll still be there. But you never know

Stitch has had a meet and greet in MK for months now. He replaced Marie at Town Square sometime last year.

His meet is being moved to the Stitch attraction to utilize the space and to provide for longer sets without the need for more frequent breaks.

I wonder if this will be permanent, or will the ride reopen for Thanksgiving and Xmas? I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the ride...and DS10 loves Stitch.

I wonder if this will be permanent, or will the ride reopen for Thanksgiving and Xmas? I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the ride...and DS10 loves Stitch.

I think we've seen the end of the stitch ride. I think the meet and greet will remain there until they open up a new ride in that building.

Because Stitch is still meeting in MK with only a location change, there’s no character to replace him in Town Square.

Today is the first day of the winter scheduling for CMs and no new characters begin in MK today.

Timon replaces Tarzan in AK. Mulan left Fantasmic last night and Moana moves to her spot on Steamboat Willie.

Mulan left Fantasmic last night and Moana moves to her spot on Steamboat Willie.

Two of my daughter's absolute favorites, and they just switch places. It's tough when you love the "B" list characters. ("B" list meaning they typically have limited representation in the parks)

Same daughter also adores Stitch. One of her most prized memories/souvenirs is a picture of her surfing with Stitch on Main Street with the Castle in the background. It's one of those pictures that makes Photo Pass totally worth it!

With the change in signage, unlikely they will switch back to SGE.

Glad to see Stitch getting a more permanent meeting spot in the park.

When I was there around Labor Day, they had him meeting in Tomorrowland over in the general vicinity of Space Mountain, so they were clearly moving things in this direction. According to this article, it looks like they moved him out of Town Square back in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter