Stitch going back to Alien?

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
Its been rumored for some time now that Stitch's Great Escape is likely leaving sometime soon. I heard from a fairly knowledgable source that he believes the attraction is going back to the old Alien Encounter attraction. I think it would be really cool but have to say I'm doubtful until I actually see it. Anyone else seen this rumor?

Its been rumored for some time now that Stitch's Great Escape is likely leaving sometime soon. I heard from a fairly knowledgable source that he believes the attraction is going back to the old Alien Encounter attraction. I think it would be really cool but have to say I'm doubtful until I actually see it. Anyone else seen this rumor?
I would absolutely be on board with this. However, I very highly doubt this is the direction this attraction will go.

The last I heard, Wreck-It Ralph was on tap. Which to me also sounds about as bad as Stitch. But ,that's just my opinion. Some really loved Stitch, and some will love Ralph.

In my opinion, the Alien was one of Disney's best attractions.

I don't think they'll revert back to alien encounter but they are definitely going to do something.

I hope it's not a virtual reality attraction that requires a headset. That didn't seem to work with the Aladdin attraction at Disney Quest. Plus there going to have to keep updating the virtual reality technology and constantly clean the headsets.

I hope it's not a virtual reality attraction that requires a headset. That didn't seem to work with the Aladdin attraction at Disney Quest. Plus there going to have to keep updating the virtual reality technology and constantly clean the headsets.
It has been said it will not be VR.

I'm not recalling many instances where Disney "brought back" an attraction, so the AE rumor doesn't seem right to me. Besides, there were plenty of haters of that version of the attraction too (even though I liked it much better than Stitch.) How about a Guardians Of The Galaxy attraction? That seems like a fit for tomorrowland and Disney seems to like that franchise.

I'm not recalling many instances where Disney "brought back" an attraction, so the AE rumor doesn't seem right to me. Besides, there were plenty of haters of that version of the attraction too (even though I liked it much better than Stitch.) How about a Guardians Of The Galaxy attraction? That seems like a fit for tomorrowland and Disney seems to like that franchise.

Only one I can think of is when they returned the tiki room to the (mostly) original version

It's a very small and peculiarly shaped attraction ... twin bowl-shaped theaters. I wouldn't get my hopes up that anything either amazing or high capacity will fit in that space.

It's a very small and peculiarly shaped attraction ... twin bowl-shaped theaters. I wouldn't get my hopes up that anything either amazing or high capacity will fit in that space.

I'm expecting a simulator to go in this space. Hopefully whatever they decide, it's well thought out and a well done attraction.

I have a very reliable source that informs me that the entire premise of this thread is completely incorrect.

Reactions: eXo
There is simply no way on God's green earth that this is true. I'd believe that they're removing Small World before I'd believe this one.

You heard about Small World as well. They are turning it into its a Small Small Galaxy with a GOG overlay, should be done for Thanksgiving.

Seriously I have not been in since Stich took over. I would love to see GOG put in place of stich, that might keep the rest of WDW safe from GOG.

You heard about Small World as well. They are turning it into its a Small Small Galaxy with a GOG overlay, should be done for Thanksgiving.

Seriously I have not been in since Stich took over. I would love to see GOG put in place of stich, that might keep the rest of WDW safe from GOG.

If they must make a GotG attraction I hope it replaces stitch bc it cant be worse than stitch and so that means ToT should be safe.

I would love if they brought back Alien Encounter even if just for a limited time but its probably not gonna happen. I do feel like Guardians of the Galaxy would be a good fit. I'm not too big on Wreck It Ralph if that's true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter