• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stingray City Snorkel Tour Questions

KAMLEM

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan our excursions and I have some questions that I'm hoping someone can help with:

-Why does everyone recommend going with Captain Marvin's for the Stingray City Snorkel Tour rather than Disney? Is it just the price?
-How big is the catamaran on the Disney tour?
-How big is the boat on Captain Marvin's tour?
-Are there bathrooms on both boats (DD is very concerned about this for some reason)?

Thanks!

Yes, there are bathrooms on the Disney tour. I was not crazy about this excursion. There were about four other boats there, very crowed.

The boat is large-two decks. Lots of room. Free lemonade and snacks and sodas are for sale-cash only.

I would not do this excursion again. As I said, too crowded.

We went on Captain Marvins. The reason for this rather than Disney was: price, less crowded and more freedom. You can walk to Captain Marvins easily (no taxi needed). Yes there are bathrooms downstairs. We had maybe 25 people on board (including the crew!). It was great - we highly recommend it. Look at my trip report 1-3-04 Western by RKB if you want to read all of the details. Hope this helps!

I agree, don't book through the cruise line. First of all, if you book thru DCL you have to go to the tour on their time schedule restraints. Also it is ALOT more crowded. I don't remember the name of the tour we did, but they were standing there with signs when we got off the tender. It was only $35.00 per person and there were only 25 people on our tour. We saw boats out there carrying what looked to be almost 100. We were taken to stingray city and then to another location, a reef, to snorkel for 30 minutes. It was great, the crew was great, the cost was much less....and we went on our own time schedule. The only downside was the same as a pp said...there were about 15 boats at stingray city, so it was very crowded. But worth the $35 IMO.
Have fun!!!!! And don't forget to buy an underwater camera BEFORE your trip. You will pay alot less at wal-mart or Target than on the ship or in the Caymans.

:wave2:

Hey Kamlem,

We are considering this excursion too! Maybe we will see you out there! Have you started buying all stuff yet? I'm still trying to lose some weight before buying clothes.(LOL)

We did the DCL way for the Stingray City. I would agree with the other comments that the boat we took had a lot of people on board and when we got their we were shoulder to shoulder in the water.

michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter