Stingray city, Nassau- anybody try it?

LisaJoy

Earning My Ears
:bounce:

We are going on our first cruise, on the Wonder next Thursday (hooray!) I am looking for something to do in Nassau that both my 11 year old son and 6 year old daughter, as well as hubby and I, can do together. Has anyone tried the StingRay excursion? What exactly happens? Are these cute friendly little guys or are they kinda icky? And do you actually swim with them?
Any feedback would be appreciated! These boards have already helped a lot!
Thanks,
Lisa

my family and i did it on i think GC on the 7 day western and it was so cool! the little ones might get freaked out tho lol. cuz theres ALOT of them and the swim behind you and everything. and on GC we went out quite a bit and there was a big sand bar. me and my mom had alot of fun out there!

We did this at Blue Lagoon Island from Nassau and loved it! This is probably the one you are checking into. I advise you to go for it! they aren't scarey at all, it's really neat. Be sure to take an underwater camera.Your kids will LOVE it! Its a nice island and a nice little trip to go on.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the info, guys- just a few more things-

My 11 year old son has a disability (he has autism), although he is a great swimmer and really comfortable in the water. Originally we were going to do the dolphin encounter, but then I found out that you don't actually swim with them, you just stand in the water and pet them, hug them, etc- I think he might get a little aggravated that he can't swim around. So, do you get to do any swimming or is it more standing in the water? I assume they are gentle little guys or they wouldn't let kids do it- so I think my 6 yr old will be ok. also, were you able to take the 2:00 boat back to the ship- this way my daughter can still do some of the kids club stuff that day.

Thanks loads!

You can book your own SWIM with the dophins through shoretrips.com. I used this company in Cozumel and they were great. They also do Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter