still confused: Oceaneer's registering vs. reservation?

timtommom

Earning My Ears
1st time Cruiser wondering: I already "registered" my 3.5 year old for Oceaneers (via the internet). So I'm confused: what happens after that? Do I also have to reserve specific dates and times for him to participate? If so, how do I do that? And how do I find out which activities will be held on each day/time so I can pick and choose? If not, then, what happens? You come by and participate when they are open? Thanks for putting up with this 1st timer's questions! :)

These are great questions...you don't need to make any reservations for the Oceaneers Club. You'll get a navigator for the week and you can choose the activities that are a "must do". At check in you'll get a pager and your DD will get an arm band (I think). Good luck and enjoy!

DVCcruise: Thank you! Don't mean to be dense---but let me ask you, what is "DD"? (I think you mean my son; what does DD mean in Disboard speak? :). And I think by "navigator" you mean the onboard newsletter :)? OK, so if I understand you correctly, I look at the Navigator, pick from it what looks like fun, and he can just show up at any time--no "extra" reservation process to go through? Do I have it right? THANKS!

DD or DS or DH/DW...is dear/darling or even disney daughter, son and husband/wife. For example I'd say DD...for dear daughter or disney daughter which ever. Either way it's Daugher/Son, Husband and/or Wife. :thumbsup2

Also...with the registering your DS on the internet before the cruise...you'll still need to get the pager, and braclet once your on the ship befor he'll be able to stay in the club...Good thing though is you don't have to rush in to do it..You can wait until you actually go and use the club for the first time. When we were there this past October...they'd changed things a little in the kids areas and if I remember correctly they had a sort of "open house" time durring that first afternoon...where you could come get your pager and inroduce your little ones to the club...but not actually leave them yet. Of course I could be wrong...but it seems like it was something like that.

They do only allow so many kids per counsler in the club/labs but from what I've heard and seen...it's not to offten that they are so full they have to turn any one away... Even if they were full at the moment...it could change from hour to hour.

If you've preregistered your child before boarding the ship in the DCL Terminal on your right hand side there's a little cafe place where they will have DCL staff giving out your pagers for pre-registered children. You just need to show your kttw cards and they also have the Children's Newsletter (one paper for the whole week per age group) that will tell you everything that's going on in the kids clubs.

Just remember first night is open house so you can't just drop your kids off without staying with them. My only recommendation is that if you have younger and older children don't take the little ones to the older ones clubs on opening night, as they seem to get confused the next night why they can't go with their older siblings. That was my experience anyway.

With my DS 4 and my DD10 we never had a problem with the kids being turned down even on the first few days when it was raining. We were just on the February 11th, 2006 Margic.

Disneymum

There are sample Navigators out on the internet from past cruises. Things are subject to change - especially timesm but also events. But if you google "Navigator DCL" you should be able to get an idea of what you are looking at so when you get YOUR Navigator in your hand it will be easier.

Thanks from me, too. This will not be our first cruise, but it will be the first one since the changes and the on-line registration. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter