Sticker shock!!

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
Just priced out a 5 day WDW ticket for 6 (4 adult and 2 children) OMG!! As my family has slowly grown up and moved away, I guess I haven’t noticed how much prices have gone up. We are going May 2025. We like 5 day passes so we can return to the park we liked the best or needed more time at but I told DH that if they offer the 4 day park deal next year, we may have to do that and have another resort day (I personally would be ok with that too but he’s whining about it) for a 5 day ticket the price is $4,148 (no hopping, not water park, just straight ticket) the 4 day special offer this year would be $2691. That’s a huge difference. Even if I added a 1 day single park ticket to it the total would be less at $3,824 but can I justify another day at $1133??? I know this is all hypothetical and this offer may not even be offered next year or it could be a completely different offer, it’s just WOW

Just want to acknowledge your pain. I love solo trips to Disney and it's darn expensive. After I reserve something or pay for something I wonder how families can afford the trip. I think it's sad that Disney is way beyond the reach of so many Americans.

Just got back from a trip and saw that a one day ticket was $179, and many people add Genie+ or Lightning Lane to that. Meantime Disney seems to cater to higher end "guests".

Hope your trip is filled with wonderful memories however it turns out for you.

Just want to acknowledge your pain. I love solo trips to Disney and it's darn expensive. After I reserve something or pay for something I wonder how families can afford the trip. I think it's sad that Disney is way beyond the reach of so many Americans.

Just got back from a trip and saw that a one day ticket was $179, and many people add Genie+ or Lightning Lane to that. Meantime Disney seems to cater to higher end "guests".

Hope your trip is filled with wonderful memories however it turns out for you.
It really is. If it wasn’t for us, there is no way my grandkids would be getting this trip, and if it was this expensive years ago, I couldn’t have afforded it for my children either. I understand they charge it because they can, and the parks are still full. We cut corners where we can, and refuse to cut on other things. I can earn Disney gift cards through work wellness programs and we just save, save, save to make it work. Thank you for the well wishes 😁

Yeah, it's crazy. I have started doing solo trips. I fly down on day 1, am at Disney on days 2, 3, and 4, and fly home on day 5. I get a 2 day park hopper so I can hit all 4 parks, and it gives me a day off. It helps that my airfare is usually free (frequent flyer miles). I can do this abbreviated Disney trip because we've been so many times; I pick and choose what to do and know I'll always be back, but JEEZ. I don't know how families can afford to go to Disney anymore.

It really is. If it wasn’t for us, there is no way my grandkids would be getting this trip, and if it was this expensive years ago, I couldn’t have afforded it for my children either. I understand they charge it because they can, and the parks are still full. We cut corners where we can, and refuse to cut on other things. I can earn Disney gift cards through work wellness programs and we just save, save, save to make it work. Thank you for the well wishes 😁
My eyes really popped out of my head last trip in 2023. 5 day hoppers were just over $800 each! Holy smokes. We ended up shifting gears, expanding the trip (lol 🤣) and buying tickets through UK based broker. At least the value felt better for what we were getting in return. The UK tickets saved almost $200 per person and gave us 2 days more in the parks. So we added one night to the trip and decided to also hit a park arrival day. Same budget, more time.

I definitely would’ve preferred that 4 day ticket deal. Could pair well with after hours event for that extra day.

Growing up our family was middle class and we never were able to afford going to Disney World. My mom tried to make the numbers work once in the 1970s and couldn't. Not until my wife and I both worked so we were upper class was our family able to afford going to Disneyland on a yearly basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter