Sticker Shock

I believe there has to be one adult per cabin - sorry! But maybe you have a relative or friend? I think 18 is adult but I may be wrong.

Yes, one adult over 18 required in each cabin. (better than some lines, they require one adult over 25 in each cabin)

I knew before I started looking that DCL runs about 2X WDW.

For us in 4/06 the cruise was over $7000. (2 cat 10s) around $2200 for all the extas including getting there and back.

WDW 2007 - 8 nights, PHs with DDining was @$5000.

April 2008 DCL is over $8000 cruise (2 cat 10s again) @$2500 for extras.

We never saw BINGO, drank very little, NO DCL excursions :confused3
IT WAS THE BEST VACATION WE'VE EVER HAD. THAT IS WHY WE ARE WILLING TO SPEND @$10,000 on a vacation when we could be buying our oldest DD a car.

Disney has cat. 12 on sale for Dec 1 - 8 and Dec 8 - 15

for family of 2 = 1309
For family of 4 = 2455

that is without transfers and insurance

Here's another vote for 2 connecting cabins in a lower category. Yes, you give up the verandah, but is that worth $1000 or more? We did connecting cat 9's last year for a lot less than a cat 4.

Two cabins are definitely bigger and cheaper than any single cabin that could hold all of you.

Also keep in mind that unlike WDW, the cruise covers not only lodging, but also food and transportation. When you go to WDW, you still have to pay for your food (and it likely isn't going to be three full plated multi-course meals, + snacks, + soft drinks, + buffets like it will be on the cruise) and you are staying in one area, rather than traveling to >/= 3 beautiful tropical areas. Also, multiple hours of professional childcare. Roll those costs in, and the cruise comes out to be a very fair price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter