• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stick with a favorite, or try something new?

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
I am going back and forth between two ADRs for my arrival night. Do you find yourself gravitating towards the same restaurants, or branching out and exploring new places?

I do both. There's some places I really love and want to do again. I liked R&C and BOG my last trip, so I want to visit there one more time. I was not fond of RFC, so that's out. CP, Cali Grill, Sci Fi are my new places on my next trip.

Both.

I go back to old favorites either for sentiments or to try a different meal (B/L/D).

I also make sure we try something new every time.

I do a little of both. Next trip I am trying different meals at some favorites to mix it up too. Lunch at BOG instead of dinner, breakfast at Garden Grill instead of dinner and trying Homecomin and the Plaza resteraunts for the first time.

Both here too. We get everyone that is going with us to say where they want to eat. Sci Fi is always picked by everyone., but everyone likes to try as many new places as we can.

I guess I slightly mix mine too. This trip I have 4 new TS meals out of 14 total ADRs.

I am going back and forth between trying Coral Reef or just going back to Le Cellier.

I like to do some of each. Typically I pick 3 or 4 new places each trip.

This is us.
AND- last trip we ate a few places that typically get slammed here on the boards, because they fit into our touring plan or they were reported to be good with food allergies. The good news was we were delightfully surprised.

AND - we went out of our way to eat at our old favorite CS (Sunshine Seasons) and our food was revolting.

So - changing it up some worked out for us last time.

We usually lean heavily on old favorites, but we do try to fit in one or two new places each trip. This December it'll be Spice Road Table.

We stick with our favorites mostly but usually try a couple new places each time. We definitely do not end the trip with a new place.

Both. If it's a place I really love, I'll go back (I've been to Raglan Road the last three times I was in Orlando, and BOG the last three times I was in WDW, and plan on eating at both places in November), but I also pick new places each time. In November, the places we're trying for the first time are Spice Road Table in Epcot and Flame Tree Barbecue in AK.

Also a little bit of both. And typically I'll only book 3 or 4 ADR's ahead of time for a 7 to 8 day trip. Then if I want to do TS while there I'll search for whatever is open at the time I want, which sometime leads to trying things I wouldn't have thought to try otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter