Steps for converting 6-night stay into split 3/3?

Xalthon

Mouseketeer
I currently have a 6-night stay booked at my home resort in January. Ideally, I think we might want to put either the first half or the second half of that trip at another resort. Once the 7-month window comes, what are the steps I need to take to try to make this happen?

I've read that the "modify" option on the web page works well, but that was for swapping completely to another resort--here I want to keep my original reservation (just cut down to 3 nights), while then adding a second reservation.

Thanks!

I currently have a 6-night stay booked at my home resort in January. Ideally, I think we might want to put either the first half or the second half of that trip at another resort. Once the 7-month window comes, what are the steps I need to take to try to make this happen?

I've read that the "modify" option on the web page works well, but that was for swapping completely to another resort--here I want to keep my original reservation (just cut down to 3 nights), while then adding a second reservation.

Thanks!
Your only option would be to call MS, nothing through the online option can be done. They can hold the 3 nights at the other resort while they modify your current resort reservation to 3 days, freeing up your points. At least this is what MS has told me they were able to do, I personally have not tried it on my end.

Are the full six days still available to book if you started a new reservation (or even either block of 3 full nights on the front or back end of the reservation)? If so, you could modify the existing reservation down to 3 nights now, then book a follow-up or lead-in 3 night reservation, so you'd split the reservation prior to the 7 month window. Then you could use the online modify tool to swap out one 3-night reservation for a different resort at the opening of the 7-month window for that reservation.

Are the full six days still available to book if you started a new reservation (or even either block of 3 full nights on the front or back end of the reservation)? If so, you could modify the existing reservation down to 3 nights now, then book a follow-up or lead-in 3 night reservation, so you'd split the reservation prior to the 7 month window. Then you could use the online modify tool to swap out one 3-night reservation for a different resort at the opening of the 7-month window for that reservation.
That is a good idea... thanks!

Thanks for asking! I was just pondering this for when we do 8 nights and might be able to do a split stay to explore a new resort

Be prepared for MS to tell you they cannot hold a reservation while they modify your existing days. This was my experience.

As noted the way to make the change, if your home resort is still open, is to modify the existing reservation online now to a 3 night reservation and then make a new one for your home resort for the other three nights. Then at 7 months out, you will only need to modify one of those to get the different resort: and if you cannot make a change at 7 months out, you can then just have MS merge the two separate reservations for your home resort. If, in the future, you contemplate doing a two resort stay, the best way to reserve is to make two separate reservations for your home resort with the 11 month window, and then attempt to change one of those reservations at 7 months out. As to choosing which half of the Jan dates you might try to change at 7 months out be aware that it will likely be more difficult to change the following Jan dates at 7 months out than others: Jan 1 and 2, Jan 8 through 12 (marathon weekend), and, to some extent, Jan 17-20 (MLK weekend) and Jan 23-26 (Pro Bowl weekend)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter