Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

We absolutely loved the Savor the Savanna tour when we did it! Although it rained most of our date and the other people scheduled for the tour all bailed so it was just me and Dan but I would definitely do it again! What a great day!

Do you think you'll ever do the Wild Africa Trek?
Wow just the two of you! I’m really glad we decided to do it. I almost backed out because of the cost but now I think it is so worth it. We are going to do it again!
I have read about the Wild Africa Trek and read reviews on it and yes I think that is on our list for one day!

Just curious, how much for all the Genie FP and is it really worth it?
The Genie+ is $15.00+tax for each person in your party, so for my daughter and I, it was $30+ a day, I also paid another $20-30 a day for the “fancy rides” like FoP, Rise of Resistance, and Remy.
If you have a large family it is quite a bit more to budget for, if you choose to purchase this.

Kids meals for breakfast are such a great deal! I do wish they did more breakfast options in the parks instead of just at the resorts. Glad to hear the Mickey waffles are tasting normal again! So nice to have a relaxing morning, it is so easy to forget you are on vacation in WDW! Those cabins look so neat, I would love to tour one. Transportation does seem a bit confusing around FW/WL right now! Maybe that's why I like Coronado so much, it's a loop and much harder to get lost :hyper: Food trucks at the resort sounds awesome, those walks to dining can get so long. That is one fancy barn, I have thought about doing the horse rides there since my mom loves horses.

Those flamingos at AK look pinker than I've ever seen them! I didn't realize there was an AP discount for the tour, good to know. The food looks lovely, especially the fruit and cheese! A nice change from all the heavy WDW food! Sounds like such a relaxing, fun day.

IMG_2022-6-26-122309.jpg
Very cute photo of you, Caroline. :)
We went on the trails around the Tree of Life. It is beautiful back here and still a little bit of a hidden gem!
I completely agree!
We also went to see our favorite Galapagos tortoises , the CM was feeding them! It was really fun to watch the big tortoises gathering for the food and the CM was petting them.
No way! That's great! :)
I did get 20% of the tour with the AP discount.
:thumbsup2
We headed over to the Boma area and had a wonderful light meal, including, red pepper hummus,curry chicken salad, tandoori shrimp, olive salads, an assortment of breads, cheeses, and fruits. It was very tasty. I loved the chicken curry, shrimp, and the different breads.
I don't recall if I had the same... Maybe... but I would've avoided the hummus, so who knows!
We also could have wine, beer, POG juice, and water.
POG please!
mmm... those look goooood.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous during the 2 hours out on the Savannah.
Yay! Glad to hear that.
I highly recommend this tour.
So glad you enjoyed it. I would've felt badly if you'd said "pkondz recommended this tour... and I hated it!"
2. Up close with Rhinos,
I tried to book this for our upcoming trip, but it was already sold out.
I watched the fireworks again before bed, what a way to end each day!
So nice. I can't even imagine being able to fall asleep to fireworks every night. :goodvibes
I will be making my dining reservations for our August trip on 6/30! Wish me luck 🍀
Good luck!

Kids meals for breakfast are such a great deal! I do wish they did more breakfast options in the parks instead of just at the resorts. Glad to hear the Mickey waffles are tasting normal again! So nice to have a relaxing morning
We love getting kids meals at the QS. It sure is more goodies for the cost.
I like that you get a drink with the kids meal. I hope that doesn’t go away!
Transportation does seem a bit confusing around FW/WL right now! Maybe that's why I like Coronado so much, it's a loop and much harder to get lost
I loved the boat from WL, it would go to FW and CR, fun to do and have a drink at each resort. Usually very quick and relaxing. I hope it comes back!
Those flamingos at AK look pinker than I've ever seen them! I didn't realize there was an AP discount for the tour, good to know. The food looks lovely, especially the fruit and cheese! A nice change from all the heavy WDW food! Sounds like such a relaxing, fun day.
I had never seen these back along the tree of life pathway. I love it back there. Shhh it is a secret 🤫
This tour is wonderful, spoiler we are doing it again in August. I know it will be hot as the sun but we still want to do it!

Very cute photo of you, Caroline. :)
Ahh Thank you! I love getting as many photos with my “free” memory maker.
Andi use to love posing for pictures, now she doesn’t like to get many pictures! I have to drag her over, lol 😆
I completely agree!
I love walking around the tree, I didn’t realize how many animals and birds back there!
That's great
I definitely suggest checking out the Galapagos Tortoises very fun to watch.
I saw a snapping turtle and an otter last night on my walk. I live out in the country and always see deer but rarely the other two. It was cool. My dog and I did not get to close to the turtle 🐢
I don't recall if I had the same... Maybe... but I would've avoided the hummus, so who knows!
The food was really yummy! Andi got a special container because of her peanut/nut allergy and hers had prosciutto in it, she is vegetarian so I ate some and it was yummy!
POG please!
I love this juice!
mmm... those look goooood.
The desserts were very rich and delicious
Yay! Glad to hear that.
The food was different from the old basic cheese and crackers. I loved all the choices!
So glad you enjoyed it. I would've felt badly if you'd said "pkondz recommended this tour... and I hated it!"
Haha 😆 I would never believe anything you said again! I think you would have to be bump on a log to not enjoy this tour!
tried to book this for our upcoming trip, but it was already sold out.
Oh bummer, I would keep checking. It is a very cool tour.
So nice. I can't even imagine being able to fall asleep to fireworks every night. :goodvibes
It was such a plus!
Good luck!
Thanks. I will fill you all in soon! How did it go for you. I will say I saw that pesky Stitch a few times:sad2:
Wow...getting up every day at 6:45 doesn't sound very appealing on vacay lol...but like you...I would rather do that than stay up until midnight!
We are always up early at Disney, it is just the process I despise. I don’t like it all. It is clunky and not intuitive at all!!
The buying at midnight seems stupid to me because it never sells out and you can’t even start picking attractions until 7am so up late and up early I would not do!

Ahh Thank you! I love getting as many photos with my “free” memory maker.
I mean... you have to use the free perk, right?
Andi use to love posing for pictures, now she doesn’t like to get many pictures! I have to drag her over, lol 😆
Ah yes... stages...
I definitely suggest checking out the Galapagos Tortoises very fun to watch.
I love turtles. :)
I saw a snapping turtle and an otter last night on my walk. I live out in the country and always see deer but rarely the other two. It was cool. My dog and I did not get to close to the turtle 🐢
An otter! Cool! I see deer all the time, and once in a blue moon, a fox or raccoon.
Andi got a special container because of her peanut/nut allergy and hers had prosciutto in it, she is vegetarian so I ate some and it was yummy!
Wait... so she mentioned her peanut/nut allergy... but didn't say she was vegetarian???
Haha 😆 I would never believe anything you said again!
:laughing: Right?
Oh bummer, I would keep checking. It is a very cool tour.
I'll keep trying, but don't have much hope. Not too upset as she hasn't been in a while and we'll be busy as it is.
Thanks. I will fill you all in soon! How did it go for you. I will say I saw that pesky Stitch a few times:sad2:
Went great. Got everything I wanted.

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm all caught up. It was really cool hearing about your FW walk-around, and I'm not going to lie, I kind of want to go visit the horses now! I might put that down as something I could take the kids to if they need a break from the MK.

The Savor the Savannah tour sounds amazing. Snacking and sipping while looking out on all the KS animals. Pretty sure this would be a life goal of Evie's if she knew about it. :rotfl:

Halloween in August!

Hello 👋

I interrupt this current trip report for a little pre trip report for my August trip!

I will give a little background. Andi and I started going to Disney in late August in 2015. We absolutely loved it!
IMG_2022-7-3-085239.jpg
Yes, it was hotter than the surface of the sun ☀️ but the crowds, oh my there was none!
IMG_2022-7-3-083919.jpg
We were shocked in 2015, MK, our favorite park at that time, had no people in it! It was crazy! We walked on every ride, watched our favorite castle show at that time, with literally no one around us. Yes it was 105 real feel temperature but we loved it 😍

Late August trips became an annual thing for us. Each year it was a little more crowded but never like a winter or spring trip!

Friends and family here in Minnesota think we are cuckoo 😜 for going to Florida in August!

We found it magical and add on Halloween already starting at MK, we were sold on it!
IMG_2022-7-3-085031.jpg

IMG_2022-7-3-085320.jpg
Well 7 years later, we have only missed one August and that was in 2020 for you know what virus reasons. Just like Voldemort I won’t say it’s name, lol 😆

This year brings some changes as well, 😢 my sweet Andi has grown up and has adult obligation’s now 😩

She will not be coming on this trip! She will be starting her professional internship at The University of Wisconsin and has orientation during our trip dates!

I have to basically request my summer vacation a year ahead of time, just another stressful thing about being a nurse 👩‍⚕️ so I can’t change my dates!

Well, my sister was planning to come with us last year and we canceled our late September trip because of my ankle issue so..

Donna is coming with me this year, yay 😁
IMG_2022-7-3-084043.jpg
Our trip dates are 8/29-9/6 at The Yacht Club and 9/6-9/9 at Portofino Bay for HHN at USO!

I was able to get a really good discount by changing dates a little to the above. I am saving over $1000 at YC instead of BC and over $400.00 on flights. I’m getting the Disney Visa discount for YC.
IMG_2022-7-3-084352.jpg
We have a MNSSHP planned for 8/30 and we have 2 nights at HHN with Express Pass for 1 of the nights!
IMG_2022-7-3-084125.jpg
We are doing the Savor the Savannah tour in AK. I just reviewed it on here! Loved it so much and my sister loves anything Animals so it was a No brainer to do this again.

I did our dining reservations on 6/30. It worked fairly well except I did see Stitch eating the page a few times, ugh! Also the new design on the website kept making me put my credit card # each time I made a reservation grrr 😡
1656856568662.gif
My card is saved in my profile and I have never had this problem before! This was tedious and slowed down my progress some!

Some dinner highlights are Space 220 lunch, (my sister loves space and Star Wars)

Rose and Crown fireworks dining package. I am excited for this, face it we are um mature women and we just don’t want to fight crowds to watch it. Epcot is my sister’s favorite park with AK a close second.

Topolinos breakfast on our last day, I love the Riviera and I have had dinner and breakfast here and loved both!
IMG_2022-7-3-083837.jpg
Sanaa late lunch

Tony’s for the FoF parade viewing, again mature ladies not wanting to fight crowds.

The Boat House in DS

Steakhouse 71

Beaches and Cream

Oga’s Canteen at 9pm, very excited for this, we will get to see GE at park closing time, yay!

We plan to do lounges, including getting into Trader Sam’s, this is a must this trip! Andi didn’t want to go in April, she didn’t like the smallness of the bar, she still prefers social distancing 😱😱

Sci-Fi late lunch, my sister is probably one of the only people, who has actually watched most of the movies, highlighted in the diner 😂

We plan to take advantage of Storm along Bay and the Boardwalk area. We will not be running around like I usually do with Andi. My sister wants a relaxing trip, oh boy, I will have to change my touring patterns. Darting and bobbing Andi will not be leading us around this trip!

We do have park reservations for each day and we do plan on taking advantage of the extra evening hours at MK and Epcot.

At Universal, we will have 3 day park to park tickets. I didn’t renew my AP for US. We have plans to eat at Bice, Mythos, and Margaritaville. I want to pick up my delicious macarons from Toothsome’s and some donuts from Vodoo donuts!
IMG_2022-7-3-084548.jpg
We are doing a tour at US called Behind the scenes, unmasking the horror tour. This is for my sister, she is very artistic and is fascinated with how the Houses are designed.

It is a daytime tour with the lights on in 4 of the houses. I think it will be really cool and Donna will love it!

Well, by the time our 11 night in Florida, are complete. We will be ready for some R&R haha 😆

These are our plans at this time. I think I will be missing some of my Dis friends, bummer! If anyone reading this is going to be there at the same time, let me know.

We are flying from Minneapolis early in the day for arrival and departing mid afternoon on our last day. We always fly Delta and I sure hope we will not have any problems. I know there are many right now, ugh!

Let me know if you have any other fun suggestions for our trip or any questions!

Say tuned for another post coming soon, remember the question about the Genie? Yes, I know you all are on the edge of your seat for the answer!

We'll be at the same run of deluxe hours-MNSSHP-deluxe hours!

How are your piggy backing skills these days? My girls really *want* to be able to hang late for that many nights in a row, but I'm worried about how exhausted they'll be by Wednesday. Now, if we had an extra adult just in case... :rotfl:

The Genie+ is $15.00+tax for each person in your party, so for my daughter and I, it was $30+ a day, I also paid another $20-30 a day for the “fancy rides” like FoP, Rise of Resistance, and Remy.
If you have a large family it is quite a bit more to budget for, if you choose to purchase this.
Thanks for your response.

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm all caught up. It was really cool hearing about your FW walk-around, and I'm not going to lie, I kind of want to go visit the horses now! I might put that down as something I could take the kids to if they need a break from the MK
Hi there, I think you must be getting ready to head to Disney soon! I really recommend visiting the horses. Your kids can do the pony rides if they would like. It is a fun area and a nice playground for the kids!
The Savor the Savannah tour sounds amazing. Snacking and sipping while looking out on all the KS animals. Pretty sure this would be a life goal of Evie's if she knew about it.
Ahhh this was just perfect! I hope our August one is just as good!

We'll be at the same run of deluxe hours-MNSSHP-deluxe hours!
YesI tried to put you in my post and I must have been spelling your Dis name wrong! I hope we can meet up and say hello!
How are your piggy backing skills these days? My girls really *want* to be able to hang late for that many nights in a row, but I'm worried about how exhausted they'll be by Wednesday. Now, if we had an extra adult just in case...
Haha 😂 I probably will be more tired than the triplets! We plan to have three late nights in a row, I hope we are up for it. We will take it easy during the day on these days!

HI Caroline! All caught up! I've never done any AK tours...we had the Rhino tour booked for March 2020 but we all know how that went. We will have to try again one of these days.

Your plans for August/September look great! I love the YC and I'm sure you were so happy to save some money!

Also, don't look at this little frowny guy...he's supposed to stay up there where I talked about missing our tour but for some reason, these emojis have a mid of their own!
:(

Sounds like such a fun trip in August! Your ADRs look awesome, I'm very interested to hear what you think of Space 220 (and I'm impressed you got a reservation)! Flying does sound crazy right now, hopefully it will have settled down a bit by August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter