Steaming clothes

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
I understand that we can't use irons in the room for safety reasons. Does anyone know if the irons available in the laundry rooms have a steam setting? Can you get water to put in them if so? Is it regular or distilled? Do they really work? I assume if you can't bring your own iron you can't bring your own clothes steamer? I know there was a comment on sending out articles to be pressed - can you request items be steamed? I was hoping someone on the board would have some experience with this. thanks so much!

but I can't remember about the water to put in them. It's been a while but I remember that I was able to get some cotton shirts ironed quite nicely and that requires steam.

Sorry, can't answer the questions about whether the laundry would "steam" clothes.

Just FYI? Someone on here recommended the Downy Wrinkle Release spray as a substitute? Bought some the other week to test it out... simply amazing!!

Works better than you'd imagine!!

Just FYI? Someone on here recommended the Downy Wrinkle Release spray as a substitute? Bought some the other week to test it out... simply amazing!!

I agree, I brought it with me the last time and I have it again for my next cruise. It does work great and is so convenient. I just sprayed as I unpacked and most things were good to go.

Thanks - I'll have to give that a try!

if you do plan on using the steam feature on the irons I would bring a towel or something to test it out first. Sometimes irons are not kept as clean as they should be and when using the steam feature, you can stain whatever it is that your ironing.

It was so inexpensive to get things pressed. We handed a bag over to our room ninja the first day and it was done beautifully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter