Steakhouse 71 Chocolate Cake?

Chernabob

I go to work mainly to support my Disney habit.
I promise I searched the forums before posting!

I have two questions for those who have had the (phenomenal looking) 15-layer chocolate cake at Steakhouse 71.
  1. How strong is the whiskey flavor mentioned in the description? (That could turn off my kids.)
  2. Are the raspberries/raspberry sauce on the side or *in* the cake? (That could turn off my wife.)
I know, being picky. But I really want to try that cake!

TIA.

I have two questions for those who have had the (phenomenal looking) 15-layer chocolate cake at Steakhouse 71.
  1. How strong is the whiskey flavor mentioned in the description? (That could turn off my kids.)
  2. Are the raspberries/raspberry sauce on the side or *in* the cake? (That could turn off my wife.)

TIA.
DH had it last time we went. I tasted a bite (not a huge chocolate fan, but wanted to check that baby out, lol)
I detected no taste of ETOH, and minimal raspberry.
However, I would ask my waiter when you get there about it.
FWIW, DH also said the burger was the best he's had at WDW.

Agree with the previous poster - no taste of alcohol and very little raspberry. It is a delicious chocolate cake though. It's also very large - definitely shareable. We had a late lunch reservation back in Sep and had the most amazing server. It was at the end of his shift and he was just hanging out chatting with us after we were finished eating. None of us ordered dessert as we were full. However, when he brought the check he brought out three slices of cake boxed up to go. He said they were the last three pieces of a cake, and they just needed to get rid of it :confused3 . We didn't really understand, but thanked him profusely and enjoyed munching on those slices for several days!

TIA.
The chocolate cake is a must every time we eat there. I do not drink, nor do I care for it and personally I can’t even taste the whiskey. I’m just overwhelmed with the deliciousness of this cake. And as far as the raspberry sauce goes,its on the side. But I always ask for more on the side, love chocolate and raspberry together… It’s delicious ,you’ll be addicted to it.!

Last edited:
We got it to go when we were there in September and they put the raspberry sauce on the side. Like the others have said there was no strong alcohol taste.

I thought it was a yummy chocolate cake but really nothing super special.

263476E7-B8F6-4A52-913E-AFADAA6FF386.jpeg

The chocolate cake is a must every time we eat there. I do not drink, nor do I care for it and personally I can’t even taste the whiskey. I’m just overwhelmed with the deliciousness of this cake. And as far as the raspberry sauce goes,its on the side. But I always ask for more on the side, love chocolate and raspberry together… It’s delicious ,you’ll be addicted to it.!
That's a great idea--ask for it on the side. I just didn't know if that was an option. Thanks!

Never had that particular cake, but most alcohol will evaporate from any baked goods from the heat of the oven. There might be a tiny bit of residual taste, but most probably wouldn't notice it.
Sorry, absolutely not true... It is a special danger to people in recovery or with an alcohol allergy.
Although some of the alcohol cooks off during the baking process, a reasonable percentage remains for consumption (after baking for 30 minutes, 35% of the alcohol is still remains.

Sorry, absolutely not true... It is a special danger to people in recovery or with an alcohol allergy.
Although some of the alcohol cooks off during the baking process, a reasonable percentage remains for consumption (after baking for 30 minutes, 35% of the alcohol is still remains.
Thanks for the input, and yep, I can see how it would be a concern for some.

I had it during brunch after the marathon in January. Now it could be just because I had just finished a marathon, but that was the best darn chocolate cake I've ever had. And I hate whiskey / whiskey flavoring, so it was definitely not strong. Raspberries were minimal as well.

Attachments

• tempImageOlNGx5.png
    tempImageOlNGx5.png
    611.9 KB · Views: 21
If someone has a 'alcohol allergy' or recovering alcoholic I think they should avoid any products containing alcohol. My comment related to everyone else. The cake is likely also cut into 12 slices so you can also see the math involved.
I am so sorry, I didn't post that to offend!
It is a very common misbelief that ETOH "cooks off or bakes off" with heat.

Again heartfelt apologies.🙇‍♀️

To everyone who read my post about ETOH in baked, cooked, and roasted foods, I apologize.
I'm a nurse who works in recovery and education. I think I may have wanted to bring attention to any person in recovery or wishes to abstain that may believe that myth that alcohol "burns off".
So so so sorry!

To everyone who read my post about ETOH in baked, cooked, and roasted foods, I apologize.
I'm a nurse who works in recovery and education. I think I may have wanted to bring attention to any person in recovery or wishes to abstain that may believe that myth that alcohol "burns off".
So so so sorry!
All good! I appreciate everyone's feedback on the cake. I'll find out first hand in 28 days!

I was not offended. We are mostly offering our opinions about what applies to the majority of people relative to the OP's question. Even if a cake has 2T of alcohol in the recipe, I seriously doubt anyone sits down and eats the entire cake in one sitting. Someone who can't have ANY alcohol will obviously follow different guidelines from the general public.

I've seen it when we ate there a few weeks ago. It even just looks pretty!

But seriously, how many of you just counted the layers in the pic?!

So so so sorry!
You made a good point I don't think a lot of us would have considered! No need to apologize.

Does anyone know if you can just walk up and order a slice of the cake to go?

The cake is great. No alcohol taste and I asked for them to leave rhe raspberry off.

Also amazing is the 7 layer cake they serve at the TOTWl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter