staying at ssr for the first time need advice

katmittens

OKW Owner
Does SSR have flat screen tv's? Also what area would be good to stay in. I want to be near a pool and a quiet area away from the road. It does not have to be the main pool.any help about the resort would be appreciated.

We've been there a few times, and each time we've stayed, we did not have flat screen TVs in the room (1 and 2 bedrooms). They may be switching those out to flat screens as they go bad, though.

As for the resort itself, it's lovely. We've been located in the Springs and Congress Park sections every stay, and what amazes me is how peaceful the resort is. Personally, I love the Congress Park area. The quiet pool is nice, it's right beside the main pool, and it's an easy walk to DTD. The other section, you may want to consider is the Grandstand section. The THV are behind it, and it's a very nice area. Though I haven't stayed in the section, people really seem to like the quiet pool and say it's very peaceful and quiet.

We stayed in a 1 bed in the congress park area this Sept and there was a flat screen tv in both the bedroom and the living room. We have stayed in the CP 3 times and love it there. The quiet pool is the middle of the CP and looks out to DTD. It is a nice walk to DTD and not far from the Carriage House where check in, Animators Pallette, Turf Club Grill and the main pool are.

Hope you enjoy your stay at our home away from home :)

We were just at SSR the last weekend of September and our room in the Paddock section, had flat screen TV.

Another vote for Congress Park. It's the furthest from the main area but only about a 5 min. stroll(if that). Walkways to DTD are closest to this area and the quiet pool can't be beat. There are also magnificent views across the water of DTD. If you request Congress Park, be sure to request a DTD view too, as requesting CP doesn't guarantee you that view.

Enjoy your stay, you will love it there! :cloud9:

Congress Park for sure. Request a Downtown Disney view it's amazing! The pool area is so nice and very quiet. Our studio in January did have a flat screen TV.

We had a flat tv in our studio last month. We stayed in the Springs and it was very convenient to the main pool and pretty quiet.

When we stayed there we were in the Grandstand area and we loved it. FIRST bus stop (so you know you'll get a seat). People at the last bus stop 9not sure that that is) didn't always get seats. From the Grandstand area it was only a 5 minute walk to the main pool & restaurant & 5 min. to the water taxi boats. Great splash play area & pool there too. I can't imagine staying anywhere else at SSR!

I agree with the previous posters who said Congress Park. Nice to be able to walk to DTD and the pool is beautiful. If you prefer a pool where there is a bar, maybe you would prefer the Grandstand.

SSR really is underrated. It is beautiful and quiet. The Turf Club has good food. The Cm's are great. I could go on and I on. I just love it there. I am NOT an owner there either. go figure. Definitely time for an add-on ;)

This past spring they changed out all of the TV's at SSR to be flat screens. This past May we stayed at the Grandstand and loved it. We had a studio on the end by the road and NEVER heard any noise from the road way. The bus stop was about 500 feet from our room and we did not even hear the buses. One thing about the Grandstand area is that it is the first bus stop for the resort which we enjoyed. The pool area was very nice too. We stayed in room 8101.

SSR really is underrated. It is beautiful and quiet. The Turf Club has good food. The Cm's are great. I could go on and I on. I just love it there. I am NOT an owner there either. go figure. Definitely time for an add-on ;)

I totally agree! We bought there because it was what Disney was selling at the time. We really wanted the Epcot area and were concerned we would not like it. Since buying, we have added on at VWL and thought about BCV, however, on our last trip I found SSR more relaxing and enjoyable than BC.

As for where to stay, we really like Grandstand due to closeness to Main Pool and dining. The area has a good pool for little ones and has the 1st bus stop. This area also had golf course views. I will say, since pools are VERY important for our family (DD6) we have never stayed in Congress Park. For us Pools trump the DD view.

Enjoy!

I vote for Congress Park too, stayed there in Feb. and had a view of DTD. We are going back in Feb. 2012 and trying the Springs since its closer to the main pool and activities for the kids. Have fun

we stayed in Congress Park this year and our 2 bedroom had new flat screens. we've been lucky enough to stay at Congress Park most years and wouldn't like to stay anywhere else on the resort. a few things: you have a quiet 5 min walk to check-in and lovely 10-15 min walk to Downtown Disney. The resort in general is fairly quiet and the pool area is no exception.
Hope you enjoy your stay at Saratoga Springs :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter