• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at GC on pts in May, can you upgrade for cash to a suite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris10399

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know or have done this? We are going to be staying at GC on pts in May. I've only booked a regular room but now I'm starting to get nervous. We will be there with DD5, DS 18m and my sister(30). Is 5 too many in a regular room? Has anyone gotten to GC and asked to upgrade to a suite for cash?
:confused3

Thanks

No experience with GC,so I can't tell you how crowded it'll be. Points & cash can't be combined for any 1 night (example 13pts + $50 per night but you can have a ressie that is 3 nights on points & 2 nights cash (it'll be 2 ressies linked together). Hope that makes sense :goodvibes

As the last poster said, you cannot combine points + cash. You may be better off reworking the whole reservation.

Instead of 4 nights of points for a regular room - maybe 3 nights points + 1 night cash. I think you will be at a disadvantage if you wait until you get there, because they won't be able to combine or re-work the points. That has to be done through Members Services.

Other than that, how much time do you really spend in the room? The rooms are large and comfortable. Maybe you shouldn't worry about it.

PS - I just read your opening post again. The kids are little, there is plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids. I wouldn't worry at all.

thanks to both. I think I remember reading that once before but didn't want to dig back thru threads.
I know, we won't spend much time the the room (actually 5 people, DH will be there too). We intend on my sister being off on her own much of the time....just nervous about DS getting woken up and managing bathroom times.

Thanks for the replies!

If you have enough points you could book a larger room if it was available. Or book a larger room with the points you have and pay cash for a night or two - kind of like upgrading for cash.

Does anyone know or have done this? We are going to be staying at GC on pts in May. I've only booked a regular room but now I'm starting to get nervous. We will be there with DD5, DS 18m and my sister(30). Is 5 too many in a regular room? Has anyone gotten to GC and asked to upgrade to a suite for cash?
:confused3

Thanks

I have stayed twice on points at the GCH and asked for and got rooms with a set of bunk beds (in addition to the big bed). They also have a trundle, so they sleep 5. They are the regular room point values, and I don't know if they're guaranteed, but ask!

Also, with the baby, I'm sure you're not over the official occupancy, though the crib might make it crowded. (The trundle is nice because you can just push it back under the bed.)

Meghan

Kinda OT but not really..how many points for a suite..or 1 bedroom. Are they different?

There was a thread not long ago about how many pts it was for a suite/1 bd at GCH and it was outrageous. Almost double the pts or something. The thread was probably in the last 3 months at least.

There was a thread not long ago about how many pts it was for a suite/1 bd at GCH and it was outrageous. Almost double the pts or something. The thread was probably in the last 3 months at least.

I have some old data for GCH 1BR of 83 pts S-Th and 134 F-Sat. Not sure if this was for 2008 or 2009. It's best for you to contact MS. They should have the info. I'd be interested to know as well. Please post if you do get the actual point requirements for a 1BR suite.

You can also call the GC directly and request a room with 2 queens and a daybed. We've had 5 of us in those just fine.

Make sure you get that request in because if you get a regular room they don't have rollaway beds but will give you a nice sleeping bag for the 5th person in your party. :eek:

Please visit our Occupancy Thread stuck on top of the board in the Ongoing Discussion Thread. Since this has turned into an occupancy discussion, the thread is now closed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter