Stay last week was awesome!!

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
Just got back from my annual sister trip Dec 6-10. We had AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!! I was so worried the magic would be gone. I was nervous about all of the negative feedback, but it was fabulous. We were planning to get Genie+ but never needed it! We rode everything we wanted to, enjoyed the shops and the atmosphere, chatted with people, saw the snow, and really basked in the magic of DLR at Christmas. We ate a lot. A whole lot. One of the side effects of the new dining reservation system for me is that I panic book. We ate our way through the parks and hotels, LOL.

I've never seen the CMs so happy--I mean joyous--and eager to help. They actually just stayed to chat with us on several occasions. It was wonderful! I think being joyful is contagious and works both ways.

We had a dinner reservation at Carthay Circle our first night. We had two servers and both were amazing. The first one started off a little gruff, but my sis and I are fun and pretty soon she came over and chatted with us. The other server was sweet and came over to us often to see how we were doing. They actually suggested we all get a picture together and we felt like old friends by the end of the evening :D.

By the time we left, the whole area down past Award Wieners and over toward Avenger's Campus was pretty deserted, so we took a bunch of really stupid pictures. I think that second Side Car I had may have removed some inhibitions, because I have some weird, weird selfies :D

Got pictures with Santa as we do every year, but we were shocked to learn that they no longer print pictures for you at the resort! Bummer.

We got the "after 8" sipping chocolate/waffle with Mickey mug from Jolly Holiday. Neither of us liked the chocolate or the waffle and we tossed them, but we used the mug for our Santa picture.
Here we are (I'm the one with pigtails) with our mugs.

santa pic.jpg sipping chocolate.JPG bad girls.JPG

Last edited:
These pics are so adorable and glad you had such a great time !
I know we had talked about the trip before and this makes me so so so happy !

Wonderful memories too. Thanks for sharing !

DCA with no one around brought out the dark side, lol, but I do like my Christmas tree hat. I have another with a Carthay tiara. Didn't do it on purpose.
weird4.jpg weird1.jpg weird3.jpg

weird7.jpg weird8.jpg weird5.jpg

Attachments

• weird9.jpg
    weird9.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
  • weird5.jpg
    weird5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
  • weird2.jpg
    weird2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7
We stayed 4 nights in a GCH standard room. Good rooms at GCH are far more dependent on location within the hotel than view categories. I always book standard but request close proximity to Napa Rose or main lobby elevators. You'll likely get a decent view anyway and it's so convenient. There are few truly great view rooms at GCH so why pay extra? Here's the view from our room just past the 3rd floor lobby (this is a great benefit if you're near it-lots of seating, quiet, and not frequented like downstairs). We were above the place you drive into when coming to the hotel (across from PPH). They had lights in the trees and it was beautiful.
20221206_172003.jpg
We decided to stay one more night so we could have a whole park day on the 9th.GCH didn't have rooms so I booked a night at DLH. All they had was premium concierge. Sometimes you just have to do it. Our bags were moved over for us and we were able to use the club lounge at 6am 😁

We stayed 4 nights in a GCH standard room. Good rooms at GCH are far more dependent on location within the hotel than view categories. I always book standard but request close proximity to Napa Rose or main lobby elevators. You'll likely get a decent view anyway and it's so convenient. There are few truly great view rooms at GCH so why pay extra? Here's the view from our room just past the 3rd floor lobby (this is a great benefit if you're near it-lots of seating, quiet, and not frequented like downstairs). We were above the place you drive into when coming to the hotel (across from PPH). They had lights in the trees and it was beautiful.
View attachment 724797
We decided to stay one more night so we could have a whole park day on the 9th.GCH didn't have rooms so I booked a night at DLH. All they had was premium concierge. Sometimes you just have to do it. Our bags were moved over for us and we were able to use the club lounge at 6am 😁
That is a great view! And smart thinking about staying at DLH 😉! Perfect ending to a great trip!

We were there the same time and noticed happy CMs as well!! In April, they mostly seemed miserable! I, myself was not as happy with all the ride breakdowns and it was too crowded but thankfully we saw all we wanted to as well :)

By the time we left, the whole area down past Award Wieners and over toward Avenger's Campus was pretty deserted, so we took a bunch of really stupid pictures. I think that second Side Car I had may have removed some inhibitions, because I have some weird, weird selfies :D
Are you sure you only had two??? 🤣

Seriously, that's wonderful that you and your sis had such a good time. Cross fingers that Disneyland is turning the corner on good experiences!

View attachment 724797
That's a great view! We might be staying at GCH next time and I was trying to remember the best area to request.

That's a great view! We might be staying at GCH next time and I was trying to remember the best area to request.
I was on that side (west) of the GCH once, except between the lobby and the convention center. Our room overlooked the monorail, so that was fun to watch. Sometime I hope to have a Woods-Courtyard View room at the GCH so I can see the monorails go through the courtyard.

Amazing! So happy that you had a wonderful time. You both remind me of myself, mom, and aunt when we get a bit tipsy. Not hard to do with the strong cocktails served in the park! This makes me super excited for our trip in a few weeks.

View attachment 724797

How did you like DLH club level ?
I've done GCH club level during dapper days and it was absolutely amazing so I'm torn whether to try the one at DLH even after reading many reviews.

I am not a picky eater so loved the offerings at GCH but may try club level DLH anyway just to say I did lol.

How did you like DLH club level ?
I've done GCH club level during dapper days and it was absolutely amazing so I'm torn whether to try the one at DLH even after reading many reviews.

I am not a picky eater so loved the offerings at GCH but may try club level DLH anyway just to say I did lol.
Honestly, it was mediocre when we were there. I've stayed DLH club before and thought it was great. I wasn't a fan of most of the food offerings this time. They weren't bad, they just weren't premium items like they used to serve. They had little mini bagels with lox, cream cheese, capers and onions, which normally I would love, but they didn't look fresh (and I hate onions) so I didn't try them. The nicest thing was the fancy espresso machine and we enjoyed a mimosa. I can't really give a good overview though since we were only there one day and we only went for breakfast and evening offerings. It was nice that we could start using the lounge at 6 am on check in day!

I much prefer GCH concierge, but the caveat to that is that I haven't been there post-Covid so it may well have gone the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter