"Stateroom to Be Assigned"

TXAg83

Earning My Ears
We just got our DCL packet today, 6 weeks out from our cruise. All the info is correct, including excursions and other things we booked on line during check in. I just happened to get on line to look at our reservation and for our stateroom it now says "To be assigned" for deck and location and no category type. We had booked a specific room not a GTY. Anyone seen this before?

Last edited:
We just got our DCL packet today, 6 weeks out from our cruise. All the info is correct, including excursions and other things we booked on line during check in. I just happened to get on line to look at our reservation and for our stateroom in now say "To be assigned" for deck and location and no category type. We had booked a specific room not a GTY. Anyone seen this before?
Do you have any paperwork showing the stateroom you selected? If so, I'd be calling DCL and asking what's up.

What ship?

In re-reading your post, what does the booklet say regarding your room?

It has the room we picked out, has our transfer luggage tags with that info also. I know yesterday on line it had the correct info also.
Fantasy March 23rd sailing.

Ok, now it's back to normal. I wonder if they were just doing some webpage maintenance I happened to log in at the wrong or right time. Strange.

Yes, mine did the same about an hour ago which shocked me but when I signed out and signed back in everything was as it should be. Just a glitch, to keep us all on our toes..... :magnify:

Unless, of course, they're tinkering with free upgrades.......:rolleyes1

That was my thought/hope when I checked my account online on Wednesday, a day after I had asked our travel agent to make our final payment, and I saw the “Stateroom To Be Assigned” message. Alas, it appears it was just a glitch, because our room number was back a few hours later.

I had the same thing happen to me last month for my May 2020 cruise; I (mildly) panicked and called DCL. The agent there said that it was just a website issue and he could still see my selected cabin. The next day it reappeared on my reservation. (Would normally not be a massive issue; however, we're trying to keep the same cabin on Dream/Fantasy to make it easier for my slightly autistic DS to always know how to get back to our cabin from the clubs.)

It does seem to appear randomly from time to time. I booked my upcoming cruise 9C GTY and was checking one day well before they usually assign cabins for GTY are assigned. I saw "Stateroom To Be Assigned" (it usually said something else) and thought they were assigning. Nope. Just a website glitch.

Before the glitch was fixed online last night, I emailed DCL (it was after 8 PM EST) and told them about the situation. This morning they responded very promptly confirming my reservation was still intact. They mentioned I might need to relink my reservation online. Not sure what they meant by that, but everything was good at that point anyway. Glad to know they responded very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter