"Stateroom no longer available"

Oswald the Canuck

Mouseketeer
I've been checking cabins/prices over the last week on the DCL site. When I get to Select Category the site shows "Starting from $$$$" but when I choose that cabin and click on Select Location I get:

Stateroom No Longer Available
Sorry! Please select a stateroom in a different location or category.

This has happened on different days for several different cruises. It's not that I'm checking the Unavailable cabins.
Has anyone else noticed this?

It did this to me for a concierge room and when I asked my travel agent about it she said it was a HA Room and that could be the issue?

Yes and sometimes if you try later in the day or the next day the state room is available.

It did this to me for a concierge room and when I asked my travel agent about it she said it was a HA Room and that could be the issue?
I wondered if that was the case.
Does that mean that I can't book that cabin even through a TA or DCL because it is HA? (if it is the only remaining concierge available)

Yes and sometimes if you try later in the day or the next day the state room is available.
One time I got a price through DCL and then at the same time checked the same cabin online through Costco to see if there was a price difference (there wasn't). When I went back to DCL the room was no longer available. When I logged out of Costco it appeared again on DCL.

One time I got a price through DCL and then at the same time checked the same cabin online through Costco to see if there was a price difference (there wasn't). When I went back to DCL the room was no longer available. When I logged out of Costco it appeared again on DCL.

Yeah, if someone is viewing the room it puts a hold on it in the system until they exit out of it.

You were very likely the person that was holding the room in electronic limbo.

Clear your cookies. As weird as it is sometimes the Disney websites will you show you something is available when it is not because your cookies are from a time you may have searched for that room category and it was available. They are the only website I've ever had do this but I have it happen a lot on WDW since I book several rooms a year (or at least look often once I do book) and it is annoying as all get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter