Stateroom change request.

cougar87

Earning My Ears
Can you ask for a stateroom change once stateroom is assigned? If so can you call and ask before your cruise? Ask at port this day and age? What are the chances they’ll change you? Plenty rooms available still.
Thanks!

It depends on what kind of room you booked.
If you booked a specific room or a GTY room (that is, a room in a given category that wasn't specifically assigned at time of booking), then you (or your travel agent, if you used one) can call and ask for a change. If there is an additional cost for the new room, you would need to pay it.
If you booked a IGT, OGT, or VGT room (that is, a discounted restricted room) then technically you are not permitted to change, although if you have a good reason you can try asking and see what happens.
In past years, it was possible to inquire about room changes at check-in. I don't know if that is still possible.

We changed rooms just this morning. We were originally booked on the 9/26 sailing on the Disney Wonder in connecting rooms with my parents, but it was canceled. We rebooked on the 10/1 sailing on the Wonder and they temporarily put us at GTY status. They then assigned us rooms that were adjoining but not connected but said we could call back at a later time and ask if anything had opened up. I called about something else today and thought I'd ask just in case, and they were able to find us connected rooms this morning. Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter