Stateroom #6099 anybody have any info?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
I looked at this on the Disney site and I can't tell exactly what is above it, either the theater or flounders reef, is that a bad thing?

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta

6099 is above Flounder's Reef Nursery.

Originally posted by ErinC

Is that a bad thing?

I wouldn't think so. Most people report that you can't really hear what's below you anyway... you only need to worry about what's overhead if you're on Decks 2 or 8. But I would think that being above FRN would be quieter than being above the Buena Vista Theatre.

Sorry Dave, after looking at the maps again, I now see that the deck is below our room rather than above .( I thought deck 1 was on the top, after realizing that it would be stupid for the skybox to be at the bottom of the boat, now it all makes sense! Ha) You are such a big help on this board, thanks so much for your replies.

I was in this stateroom on the Magic last year for about one hour. The problem was that this is the location of the rear funnel and/or some other mechanical equipment. The vibration/tone in this room was incredible. It was giving me a migraine. The pitch or something was just giving me a headache. I asked to be moved to another stateroom 11. They moved us mid ship, aft and starboard. It was like night and day. Totally quiet, well, as quiet as a ship can get. If you are in the funnel area, that hall area is very noisy along the funnel. The people in stateroom 6089(the other side of the funnel) let me into their room since they thought their stateroom was loud; though, louder than the average room, it wasn't that bad and that vibration/tone wasn't there. I'd never stay in 6099. On another cruise, we stayed in stateroom 6109 five doors down and didn't have any problems/complaints.

Sorry.
Tina
Wonder 1/17/02

Tina,
Do you think it would be the same on the wonder as on the magic. I'm assuming it probably would be. Thanks so much for the input, I'm sorry its not good news, but I would rather be aware. I have two small children and loud noise would not be a good thing. Thanks, Erin

Erin,

I would think it would be the same on either the Magic or Wonder. You shoud change staterooms even if it is just a few doors down from 6099. The noise/vibration seemed to be coming from the left rear corner of the stateroom and just echoed around the room and in my head. We were in 6109 (same bank of rooms) on our first cruise and didn't have any problems.

I wasn't going to post, but I want you to be happy. This room is a room I'd stay clear of.

Sorry.
Tina

Tina, I am going to see if I can possibly change to another room. I booked through DVC and I'm afraid I might have to pay another $75 if I want to change the room. Erin

Erin:

We belong to DVC, also. We made the mistake of booking half cash/half points. With the great deals out there the DVC cash for one person was just a little less than the cash required for 2 adults booking straight thru Disney and then the points could have been used for something else. We got hit with the $75 change fee when we added the neighbor kid to our reservation. We just have the minimum 150 pts, so it really doesn't go very far. I don't think they'd do the $75 change fee. Atleast I hope not. We changed from early to late seating for dinner and they didn't charge us the fee. You can always change once you board like we did not having known about the room, but then you have to move all your stuff.

When is your sail date?

I'm sorry that I had to tell you about this room, we've only sailed three times, so the chances of you asking about a room that we stayed in is actually amazing. It's better to stay clear of that room if you are sensitive to loud sound and extreme vibrations.

Tina :-)

Erin,

DH and I were in stateroom 6099 on the Wonder back in 2000. As Tina said, it was quite noisy. I am not one to complain and being it was my first cruise we stayed put the first night. Well, we had family members scattered throughout the ship in inside staterooms and none of their rooms were as noisy as ours and they persuaded us to complain. We went to guest services and they told us that they would send someone up to our cabin to "investigate." About 15 minutes later, a gentleman arrived in our room and insisted that the noise level was unacceptable and that we must be moved. We packed our bags and they sent someone to take them for us to our new room - on deck 7 with a Navigator's verandah! :bounce: Now our family members were jealous! I wouldn't go and change your reservation ahead of time if it is going to cost you anything. I would check out the room and if it's too loud for you, complain! You may not get a verandah but they should accomodate you. Hope I didn't scare you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Kris

Thanks for the info. We will be in this room on the Magic in Dec. (Actually our teenagers and their friends will be in there). If the the noise is too bad I will ask about relocating.

If your teenagers and friends are anything like mine and the noise they can produce when they get together, they probably won't even notice the noise in the room. ;) Good Luck.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter