• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starwood Questions??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
On advice from a DIS poster I became a Starwood member first, then made my Dolphin ressies. Could one of you Starwood vets give me the quick scoop as to how to maximize the membership? I understand there's tie-ins with some airline frequent flyer plans, true? We're staying 7 days in Nov. How many points might that earn me and what could I use them for?

Thanks in advance,
Bill From PA

Here's some information from www.preferredguest.com

Preferred Guest Benefits

Your Preferred Guest benefits provide you with a world of rewards, unmatched freedom and exclusive offers at more than 700 hotels and resorts in over 80 countries. All at one address. Here are the benefits you'll experience as a Starwood Preferred Guest:

Usable Currency: Earn 2 Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent,1 then redeem your Starpoints for an incredible range of awards.

Free Nights: Redeem your Starpoints for free nights anytime, anywhere. Starwood Preferred Guest is the only program that doesn't limit you to a number of Free Night Award rooms. If we have a guest room available, it's yours.2 It typically takes just three stays for a free weekend night.3 And with no blackout dates, if we have a guestroom available, you can redeem your Starpoints for it.

Free Flights: Transfer Starpoints to most airline miles/points on a 1-to-1 basis. For every 20,000 points, we'll give you 5,000 bonus miles/points which will be automatically added to your transfer so you have enough for an airline ticket.4

Instant AwardsSM: Right here, right now. Redeem your Starpoints for on-the-spot indulgences at the hotel, from a massage to dinner and more.

Special E-Announcements: Provide us with your e-mail address to receive monthly e-statements and exclusive e-mail offers to make your travel even more rewarding.

Merchandise Awards: Redeem your Starpoints for gift certificates with some of your favorite retailers.

50% Off Discount Awards: Redeem Starpoints for nights at Starwood Hotels & Resorts at 50% off the regular rate.

Vacation Ownership Opportunities: In the world of vacation ownership, only Starwood offers a choice of experiencing a lifetime of incomparable vacations from two of the most reputable names in the hospitality industry. Sheraton Vacation Ownership and Westin Vacation Ownership both provide upscale all villa resorts in some of the most sought-after vacation destinations in the world. And whether you choose Sheraton Vacation Ownership or Westin Vacation Ownership, you always have privileged access to every Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership Resort, plus access to the Starwood collection of 725 hotels in over 80 countries as well as thousands of other destinations around the globe. The resorts offer beautifully appointed spacious vacation villas that provide all the comforts of home along with superior resort facilities in some of the world's finest vacation destinations. Starwood Preferred Guest members may earn 1,000 Starpoints when staying on a qualified rate and can redeem Starpoints for a 50% Off Award for future stays. If you would like to learn more about these leisure resorts, please visit the Starwood Vacation Ownership web site at www.starwoodvo.com. Standard Starwood Preferred Guest benefits are not available at Starwood Vacation Ownership Resorts.

1 Or equivalent in foreign currency at time of check out.

2 Applies to standard rooms only.

3 Applies to standard rooms only. Hotel guarantee and length of stay restrictions applicable to paid rooms will apply.

4 Award can only be redeemed with Starpoints earned at Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels or Preferred Guest earning partners. Starpoint bonus based on a 1 to 1 conversion ratio. Equivalent bonus will be awarded in accordance with other airline conversion rates.

:D Dear Nancy thank you so much for the link and info!!!! I got the upgrade to gold card status! We are staying at the Dolphin in
April so this will really come in handy! These boards are the greatest!! Thanks again! Goofy4mickey48

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter