Star Wars Tunic a costume?

intricatejewel

And, uh.... fly!
I bought this white tunic sold in the shops a couple years back and wanted to wear it paired with a belt on my visit, May 4. Would that be considered a costume by Disney? I think it’s super cute and would really like to wear it when I go. It doesn’t seem like a costume to me, but I’m not really sure where Disney draws the line as far this tunic goes. Any input would be appreciated

To be honest, it looks like a normal women's tunic style sleeveless shirt to me. I think you will be ok. They let you get pretty close to a full costume as long as you aren't wearing a robe or can be mistaken for a cast member. Of course, women have a lot more options than men in bounding piece choices.

I didn’t wear that, but I wore the “Resistance” (Rey) vest on top of a similar color shirt and a with a large belt, and no one kicked me out! I think there’s a lot of leeway with the general Rey look.

Just don’t wear a full on replica costume and you’ll be fine. There just needs to be some difference in look/quality so that it is obvious you are a guest. What you can do is pair the official tunic with dark green pants and boots that are similar to Rey’s but are street clothes (that you may or may not have modified) and style your hair like hers. No robes for adults but people wear brown/black cardigans or jackets instead if going for a traditional Jedi/Sith look.

Disney bounding is totally fine. My son (17) is either bounding as a Jedi or Han Solo on May 4th.

And the tunic is perfect because it’s suppose to be 97 degrees on Tuesday at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter