Star Wars Ride At Epcot

Last night they did a live event at Spaceship Earth turning into the death star and I was wondering if they going to make a ride at Epcot where Spaceship Earth was???

No.

That was a one time event for the celebration of Rogue One.

I think OP was asking not if they have replaced SSE, but if anyone thought they plan to. I don't think we'll see SSE go, especially for Star Wars. The ride is designed as a slow-moving dark ride, not something that would lend itself to anything in the Star Wars universe. And they definitely would never remove the show building, as that would be akin to removing Cinderella Castle or the Tree of Life. So I think SSE is pretty safe as attractions go, it was designed for that show, and not many other things can logically be placed in there. Of course, the show itself could be updated and has been changed in the past, but it was and will always be SSE.

Wow, this thread just got me imagining all to Epcot being made into a Star Wars land, with even the back countries being converted into separate worlds instead!

Wow, I don't know how I'd feel about that if they ever were to actually do it.

On one hand, I love Spaceship Earth as it is. Very cool ride, love Judy Densch as the narrator. It's on the high end of my favorites list of rides. I'd really hate to see it go.

On the other hand, it sure would make a great format for something based on the Death Star. While I'm not a Star Wars junkie by any stretch, I enjoyed the movie series, especially the older ones. I can see the ride being a slow tour through it where lasers are firing all around you, ships flying around, etc... That would be really cool.

If I'm forced to pick one, I'd say keep it as is, but I can definitely envision a cool Star Wars themed ride in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter