• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem Star Tours is doomed, but I hoping the new ride is so amazing we wonder why they didn't replace it sooner. Good rides make that happen.

As for Jedi Training when we were there few months ago the CM leading group mentioned it was going to be moved to an indoor studio in the new land so it wasn't affected by weather (or so hot for the kids standing around in robes). I haven't really seen that discussed anywhere else, so maybe that isn't definite yet. But would seem to make sense.

I have no doubt. It seems like half the afternoon sessions get cancelled because as soon as the first rain drop appears they have to immediately cut it off. We were told it was a liability thing with the kids on the stage. It makes getting to DHS at the crack of dawn and being early in that line stupidly important. Which sucks, because right now you stand in that line, then finish, then spend 90 minutes doing everything there is to do in DHS, and then still have to find something to do for the next 2 hours before your turn for Jedi training comes up. Then you can leave and go somewhere that actually has enough attractions for more than 90 minutes. Or just go lounge at the resort. Which also has more open attractions than DHS.

not sure if this has already been posted here. Looks like a ride vehicle to me:
DSC00954-615x410.jpg

http://nerdist.com/disney-parks-star-wars-themed-land-looks-dazzling-in-first-preview/
Yep posted earlier. This will be the ride vehicle for the first order battle attraction. It is a trackless vehicle.

I would say "dazzling" might be an overstatement...I think to do that, you have to have an icon or some kind of really hardcore attraction...

They're taking a different approach and that can work too...but it doesn't lend to "dazzle"

Looks good. The rock detail work will be time consuming, but not sure it will be as elaborate as pandora. Largely because you don't have the plant works, I would think vines and such add a level of extra detail that require a lot more work.
It does look rather constrictive. I'm sure that works with the scene they are building.....but I'd be concerned about capacity.
Certainly wise to have Toy Story land up and running before hand, to help draw crowds out of the area initially.

Looks good. The rock detail work will be time consuming, but not sure it will be as elaborate as pandora. Largely because you don't have the plant works, I would think vines and such add a level of extra detail that require a lot more work.
It does look rather constrictive. I'm sure that works with the scene they are building.....but I'd be concerned about capacity.
Certainly wise to have Toy Story land up and running before hand, to help draw crowds out of the area initially.

I am really wondering how that is going to be - especially if they are talking about wanting to have all this interaction with shop keeps and droids and stuff ... how do you do that if it is so crowded and narrow streets you can't even move? Or will they cap the number of people allowed in the land at a time (like they did with the Pandora opening), but if so, where do the crowds line up in DHS to get in with it being in the back like it is (and probably even worse in DLR)?

I think it is going to be amazing but can also see it being a logistical nightmare

071317_d23-expo-parks-pavilion-preview-4.jpg

So is this outfit something like the CMs in the land will wear or is it just a costume? has a very Imperial look

Side note, have the said the timeframe that the land is set in? Is it after episode VI (so the timeframe of the new trilogy)?

I have no doubt. It seems like half the afternoon sessions get cancelled because as soon as the first rain drop appears they have to immediately cut it off. We were told it was a liability thing with the kids on the stage. It makes getting to DHS at the crack of dawn and being early in that line stupidly important. Which sucks, because right now you stand in that line, then finish, then spend 90 minutes doing everything there is to do in DHS, and then still have to find something to do for the next 2 hours before your turn for Jedi training comes up. Then you can leave and go somewhere that actually has enough attractions for more than 90 minutes. Or just go lounge at the resort. Which also has more open attractions than DHS.

Agree 100%. I did wonder if they were having trouble filling all the slots in the JTA because last time they also gave us 1 any ride FP for everyone in our group just for signing up. That was nice because while DD and DW were signing up I took Niece and Nephew for two rides on RnR in first 30 min.

Agree 100%. I did wonder if they were having trouble filling all the slots in the JTA because last time they also gave us 1 any ride FP for everyone in our group just for signing up. That was nice because while DD and DW were signing up I took Niece and Nephew for two rides on RnR in first 30 min.

This is a little while ago at this point but when we were there the morning sessions were packed but by the afternoon when we walked by we saw each group only had a handful of kids - so not sure if the popularity is a little less than in the past (though I could see it spiking back up with the new lands)

My 1st thought glancing at the seating was, "cool, it's like Indy!"
But I'm guessing these trackless vehicles don't have that much motion.

Mystic Manor looked fun, so I imagine they can do something good for SWL, too.

Love Star Tours or not (I do), but taking down a working ride that contains characters when your new *crushingly popular* land launches sounds like a bad idea.
Plan is to leave Star Tours in place as is, for a time, maybe add some more different worlds and such. But then in 2 or so years, I believe then it would get rethemed.

Is Star Tours really such a dated idea? Just because it's a simulator? Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I think the addition of a true-life animatronic in the ride that talks to you along with the video simulation makes the whole ride for me. If they could somehow incorporate a 3rd interaction, I don't see why this couldn't hold in there (don't look at me, I'd keep it until 2050).

Is Star Tours really such a dated idea? Just because it's a simulator? Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I think the addition of a true-life animatronic in the ride that talks to you along with the video simulation makes the whole ride for me. If they could somehow incorporate a 3rd interaction, I don't see why this couldn't hold in there (don't look at me, I'd keep it until 2050).
The simulator will remain, they will not destroy the ride, just retheme it. Once SWE happens, and the new Falcon ride starts up, it is a bit redundant. Adding a new theme to star tours will then give them more capacity outside SW themeing.

I'm in love, now I know what people with objectophilia feel. I would love a night alone with this land.

It's better than I imagined, it looks like a Avatar/Cars Land/Grizzly Peak baby.

071317_d23-expo-parks-pavilion-preview-4.jpg

So is this outfit something like the CMs in the land will wear or is it just a costume? has a very Imperial look

Side note, have the said the timeframe that the land is set in? Is it after episode VI (so the timeframe of the new trilogy)?
Not sure. No time frame for the land however the attraction will have a first order connection.

There will be a berm at the DHS version that could be used as expansion space and some backstage areas that could be used.
Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - there is an expansion pad, targeted for a ride, but no idea what or when that would ever happen

Plan is to leave Star Tours in place as is, for a time, maybe add some more different worlds and such. But then in 2 or so years, I believe then it would get rethemed.

That makes more sense to me. Imagine how much easier it would be to visit Pandora if there was a third related ride - that Disney got for "free".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter