Star Wars Galactic Spectacular or Fantasmic?

stace1214

DIS Veteran
We've planned one day for HS at the end of the summer. We won't be able to get to both evening shows, and we've never seen either. Which would you suggest for first timers? Hubby and son love Star Wars, my daughter and I have no interest. Is the SW not to be missed, or will we be better off splitting up?

i think fantasmic makes for a more magical experience than the star wars fireworks, personally! it's a got a grander scale, so you get more invested in the story and the show. so i'd recommend seeing that! the star wars fireworks are still pretty great, though... splitting up might work, but the crowds coming out of fantasmic are very dense, so it might be hard to regroup afterwards. ultimately it's up to what you want to do!

Both are good. Maybe hours will change some and you can see both.

Fantasmic is great. Ton of characters, good music, not a lot of fireworks, lasts about 30 min

Star Wars is really great. We've seen it two or three times now and are still wow'ed by it. Mainly a projection/sound show, but still has plenty of fireworks. You don't have to be a Star Wars fan to like it, but for Star Wars fans it's not to be missed.

Imo, if I didn't have enough time to see both during a trip and won't be back for awhile..I'd see Fantasmic and sit near the top of the arena and leave the show about 1-2 min before the finale..or get up near the end and walk slowly out as you're still watching it. Then go quickly and try to get a decent spot as close to the Chinese theater as you can to see Star Wars. People have done this and have had success. You won't be super close but if you can get along the main road and have a clear view of the Chinese theater, it can work

Last edited:
I love both for Different reasons, but you can't do both in the same night without missing the Projections on the Chinese Theater. Fantasmic has a story behind it. I would split up in your case and let people have what they want most. Even if your not coming back for a while, I would still split up. You have to be in front of the Chinese Theater stage about 30-45 minutes before showtime at busy times of year and I wouldn't even try to do both in the same night as a Solo person. With the old Star Wars Fireworks, you could do it easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter