Star Wars Episode VII Rumors

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (and also new to this site) and I wanted to drop in and say, 'hello!'

I also wanted to see what everyone thought of Latino Review's "scoop" about Emperor Palpatine and Obi-Wan returning (potentially as Force Ghosts). Personally, I'm taking anything he says with a grain of salt at this point in time. I don't want this film to turn into a class reunion featuring all of the characters from the previous installments. That would seem rather cheap to me.

I think one of my biggest problems with Episode III was that it was spoiled before the movie was opened. Plus right now it is too early to know anything.

Stophie said:
I'm a huge Star Wars fan (and also new to this site) and I wanted to drop in and say, 'hello!'

I also wanted to see what everyone thought of Latino Review's "scoop" about Emperor Palpatine and Obi-Wan returning (potentially as Force Ghosts). Personally, I'm taking anything he says with a grain of salt at this point in time. I don't want this film to turn into a class reunion featuring all of the characters from the previous installments. That would seem rather cheap to me.
Right now, I'm chalking these rumors up as false leads. If it turns out to be true, it opens a number of avenues the new trilogy could take.

The EU did indicate he was able to transfer his spirit into a clone body. At least in the Dark Empire comic series that Dark Horse did in the early 90's, although he did eventually die for good.

The EU did indicate he was able to transfer his spirit into a clone body. At least in the Dark Empire comic series that Dark Horse did in the early 90's, although he did eventually die for good.

I hope they don't do that, it would be too much like Bane/Agent Smith in Matrix 2 and 3. And we all know how those sequels turned out...

Latest rumor is that the release date of episode VII has been pushed back to December 2015.

Latest rumor is that the release date of episode VII has been pushed back to December 2015.

That is not realistic on two levels:

1. Why would a movie be " moved back " 22 months from release before a script has been decided

2. No blockbuster would be moved out of the summer unless they are avoiding something else...and it would be "against precedent" not to open Star Wars in may...

I doubt disney would pattern their new gravy train after the "Harry potter" model.

The problem with the "prequel" trilogy wasn't their release time or date...it was that they were DOA piles of steaming nonsensical crap... That with everyone basically knowing the story...just couldn't manage to not make it suck

2. No blockbuster would be moved out of the summer unless they are avoiding something else...and it would be "against precedent" not to open Star Wars in may...

Actually, December seems to be the new blockbuster month. Lots of other tentpoles have been getting slotted in for December releases.

Actually, December seems to be the new blockbuster month. Lots of other tentpoles have been getting slotted in for December releases.

And with other movies I might tend to agree...

I wouldn't think in this particularly case though.

When good ole CMB put his mug on the screen and said "may 2015"...he was committed. ( though I would have to double check if he said the month)
If they aren't gonna get this thing out on time... I think it could represent problems.

Personally I don't care when they release
The movie...but the fact that they may be considering not releasing in may and controlling the summer would indicate how the mighty has fallen.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Release Could Happen In Dec. 2015 According To New Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/star-wars-episode-vii-december_n_3780791.html

1st off let me say am a huge Star Wars fan have read just about every book released.
Would expect film to be after Fate of Jedi series. Would fit Hamil, Ford & Fisher age in real life and passage to new generation of characters.
No new books as well coming out in this time frame. They seem to be focusing on Old Republic and time between episodes 3 & 4.
The 2015 Dec. release date would certainly seem to work great with X-mas and the surely numerous Toys and such that would be licensed from episode 7.

My $ .02.

1st off let me say am a huge Star Wars fan have read just about every book released.
The 2015 Dec. release date would certainly seem to work great with X-mas and the surely numerous Toys and such that would be licensed from episode 7.

My $ .02.
Disney loves its merchandising so I agree that this is an excellent point. The Star Wars nerds are already in somewhat of a tizzy so moving the release date won't make much difference.

My $ .02.

I'm like you. A huge fan of the movies and the EU. First got interested in the Thrawn trilogy, then the Dark Horse comics. Now I read just about anything SW related. I haven't gotten into the Old Republic yet, though.

As for Christmas...

WHAT?!?!?!?!? No empty box for the kids to unwrap? Jeez... Kids today have it so easy.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Release Could Happen In Dec. 2015 According To New Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/star-wars-episode-vii-december_n_3780791.html

I think this is a false rumor too. The first 6 movies were released in May and merchandise sales were never a problem. Why mess with tradition? :confused3

Having said that, this could be a rumor started to hedge bets. Disney purchased Lucasfilm and announced Episode VII would be released May 2015 on Halloween 2012. Even if the wheels were already spinning before the purchase was announced, which they were, two and a half years to produce a film of this magnitude is a short turn around time. By starting this rumor Disney gives themselves more time if there are issues in preproduction that slow the process down.

Disney loves its merchandising so I agree that this is an excellent point. The Star Wars nerds are already in somewhat of a tizzy so moving the release date won't make much difference.

I prefer geek thank you very much. ;)

I think Disney maybe picking avengers 2 over SW7 for may 2015...
And bumping the most successful movie franchise in history for Robert Downey jr to avoid cannibalization at the box office.

That's probably wise...
But again kinda ridiculous if you would wind the clock back to 1999 and even suggest it out loud

I think Disney maybe picking avengers 2 over SW7 for may 2015...
And bumping the most successful movie franchise in history for Robert Downey jr to avoid cannibalization at the box office.

That's probably wise...
But again kinda ridiculous if you would wind the clock back to 1999 and even suggest it out loud

Why can't you have 1 for Memorial Day weekend and the other for 4th of July? ILM will be putting in a lot of OT in 2014 to get both done in time.

It will be the Summer of George (Lucas).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter