Star Island Resort

mzspaz

Mouseketeer
This was my first experience in staying offsite and I have to say that it was a good one! I was very nervous, especially having seen mixed reviews on Star Island. But we found it to be very nice!

We were in building 16, on the first floor, in 1611 A and B. We had a 3 bedroom condo. When we checked in on Saturday 9/30, we arrived early at 10 to drop off our luggage. They had a room that they locked our luggage up in and we set off to explore 192 and find our way around. We came back and strolled around the complex for a while. The pool looked beautiful, as did the hot tub. They seemed to have a lot of childrens activities around. There were a ton of tennis courts and nearly all of them were in use on a Saturday afternoon. We also strolled over to the lake and water rental area. They had a driving range, a sand volleyball court, and different water activies (not sure what these were as we never took advantage of them). Our room was ready at 3, an hour earlier than check in, and we quickly dropped off our luggage, did a once over, and then were out the door to Universal for the HHN.

We got back around midnight and I found the complex to be VERY quiet, which was wonderful. We had a decent sized kitchen/dining room/living room combo. The master bedroom had a king sized bed, two person whirlpool tub, seperate stand up shower, and toilet in a generously sized closet. Our room had two full sized beds. The third bedroom had a pull out couch (and I have to say even the pull out was comfortable as I spent a night avoiding my DH's loud snoring on this bed). The bathroom for our room and the pull out room had a single tub with whirlpool jets (which is HEAVEN on tired feet) and shower combo.

We found everything to be neat and clean. Sure it had some dings and scratches here and there, but no worse than my house. The staff was helpful and pleasant, from the front desk to that guard at the gate house. Check in and check out were a breeze. I LOVED the location as it was convenient to get to both Universal and Disney. The complex did not appear to be full, I didn't notice anyone else on our floor, but did notice some families in other buildings. Still it was quiet through out the week. Even in the condo, it was relatively quiet. We were there with another couple and it was only occasionally that I heard them.

We did discover a lizard on our last night in the dining room, but that was because my DH had left the door open when he was on the patio.

Overall, it was a nice experience and I would not hesitate to stay there again if there price was right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter