Standard view at the Boardwalk Villas

brianheather

DVC MEMBER AKV 09 SARATOGA SPRINGS 2010 & Boardwal
Has anyone ever stayed at the Boardwalk Villas in a Standard room Studio to save on points?
We are looking for Sept of 2012 and it is a 31 pt savings... Do you recommend.?

Most are booked by owners before the 7 month window. We did stay in one last year and it was fine. I had tried two other times and could not get it.

Edited to add we were never able to get a studio but went with a 1 bedroom.

Denise in MI

We are BWV owners as of today... so curious as to what the views were like.
We stayed in a Pool view last Feb and it was awesome...

the views are of the drive out front or the tennis courts and parking lot. They are not bad at all and do save you points.

We stayed in a value 1 bedroom in May, and our villa overlooked the front entrance of the BWV. We could see some of the higher fireworks from EPCOT from our balcony. We thought the villa was fine - it was a longer walk to EPCOT from our villa, but a shorter walk to HS. We were able to switch a BLT reservation to the standard view 1 bedroom at under the 7 month mark for Memorial Day weekend.

We are owners at BWV and have stayed in all sizes of accomadation over the last twenty years but just love a high floor standard view one bedroom .
the rooms we have stayed in have generally been overlooking the entrance road by choice as we like viewing the high fireworks at epcot as well .The staircases give quick access to our car or a short stroll to Hollywood studios.:dance3:

Check out the view from the standard view 1 bedroom we had in April 2010 :

IMG_0570640x480.jpg

Not all of the views from the SV rooms are that nice, but a lot of them are just fine. The only ones I do not like are from the rooms closest to the elevator and that's only because they overlook the RAC desk. During the mornings, the back up beeping from the luggage trucks can be annoying.

Op - I do not think you will have a problem getting a standard view in September 2012, since yo will be reserving during the home resot priority booking period. It's not uncommon to read that some get SV at 7 months for September stays.

Enjoy the stay and the planning and congratulations on your BWV purchase!

We are BWV owners and we often book standard view over preferred. We don't find the water/pool views to be any better than the standard view. We've never asked for a boardwalk view, so can't compare, but I have a hard time parting with points for the pool view. We always ask for top floor and usually have rooms that have great views of the Epcot high fireworks. We haven't experienced any noise issues. I wouldn't hesitate to book a standard view.

Good luck!

We've stayed at BWV numerous times and never had a bad view. One trip we had a standard view booked and got upgraded to Boardwalk view because of a problem with the original villa. That being said, the standard view at BWV is better than the view out my office window.

Chris from DE

first, congrats:banana:

if you enjoyed pool/garden view, you should definately try BW view (same amount of points as pool/garden, but only 20% of the resort). it is amazing, waking up to the BW, watching fireworks from illuminations burst over the eiffel tower as you sit on your balcony.......the scents (makes one want to run downstairs to the bakery:)), sounds, and sights make it the most wonderful, immersive view in all of WDW, in our opinion:cloud9:

we've stayed all views at the BW and almost every mod/deluxe/DVC resort, and will change our dates now if we can't get BWV BW view:)

We own at BWV, and we always choose standard view at 11 months. We debate picking a BW view, but the point savings always wins. We find the standard views to be very peaceful. We've always been near a staircase, so we use that to go to the pool or to start the walk to DHS. The point savings is a HUGE plus to us. If you can book it - do it!

As of today? If you dont mind me asking what was the Price per point and when is the contract end date>?

We were at the very end of the hallway closest to community hall and had a lovely view of the canal and tower of terror at HS. We found the stairs easier but boy 4 flights were murder on my bad hip.

Denise in MI

We are BWV owners and also book our standard rooms at the 11 month window. We were there in May for 12 days and we were in a lovely dedicated room on the ground floor near the corner door. Our view was a lovely 4 foot hedge that we could not see over, but we believe there were birds and ducks in the pond because we heard them. In the morning when we sat out on the patio with our coffee, I kept expecting something creepy to come slithering through the hedge onto the patio. I think I'll be asking for a higher floor, because I would've like to have some view....though dedicated was listed first, and we did get that. I seldom (ok, almost never) get any of my request, so I was pretty excited to actually get a dedicated studio and I saved on points, but I do own there and did book exactly 11 months out to get it....though I had no view to speak of. We'll be back again in October for 2 weeks....BTW--this is the 2nd time I had this exact room (1123). Location wise it was great, view wise -- not so great.

We've been doing standard view studios ever since the points reallocation awhile back, and I've been happy with them. Certainly not as good as a Boardwalk View, but I think they are definitely comparable with a pool/garden view. Here is the view we had this May:

bvwstandard.jpg

I couldn't get a standard at 7 months (waitlisted it though) so I have a garden view in Sept.

For me the view doesn't matter at all unless I'm at AKV and could see animals. That is the only place I really spent any time on the balcony.

My view last time from OKW was a bunch of trees.... didn't bother me in the least. The room was nice and close to the bus stop and hospitality house and I liked that much more.

We typically book 11 months out so we ask for standard rooms. Only once did I reserve a BW view and that was when I treated my sisters and mother to a visit. We prefer the lower points, the view not that important as we are usually out for most of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter