• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Standard Rooms at DL Hotel

The site went down so sorry for the delay. Talking about exits from buildings I would say Dreams is the closest to the pool But the building on the south end is close enough for the price. All rooms require you to go to a central hallway then to the main center area where the elevators are located so it does not matter if you have a north or south view or an east or west view.

Dreams also opens onto the little roadway and thus is closest to the monorail and Downtown Disney. I would skip the main building if you are really into the pool and go with the Dreams building or the other one.

If at all possible stay at the GC, I went to a hotel party at the DH and it was really small and kinda stale visually.

I think the Dreams tower whatever tower houses the concierge that is where we were and that is the closest tower to the gate.

If at all possible stay at the GC, I went to a hotel party at the DH and it was really small and kinda stale visually.

We have stayed at the GC before on cash. In 2010 we will only be able to use our DVC points at the Villas and not at the GC hotel. Points per night are just too high IMO to stay at the GC Villas so our other options are DL hotel or PP. Sorry DLH is not your cup of tea:)

We have stayed at the GC before on cash. In 2010 we will only be able to use our DVC points at the Villas and not at the GC hotel. Points per night are just too high IMO to stay at the GC Villas so our other options are DL hotel or PP. Sorry DLH is not your cup of tea:)
Disneyland Hotel is excellent and you will do fine there. Check trip reports to see what people are saying. I have been in the hotel rooms more than a dozen times via pin trading and friends and so forth and know that they are nice rooms.

Love the DLH! Its a favorite of ours and for me personally, I prefer it over the GCH. I like the pool areas better and I like the oversized room and the fact that every room either gets a daybed or free rollaway. In seven stays (soon to be 8) in the past five years, we've always had a very nice room, that is clean. I love the grounds, the dining options and the general feel. The GCH is nice, but for me, I prefer the DLH and stick with that now. And I use points at the DLH and its so nice not to have to pay that daily resort fee or high So. Cal hotel tax!

A standard room in the Dreams Tower or Magic Tower would be closest to the pool. However, I actually prefer the Bonita (which I think is now called the Wonder) you can actually get a high up room facing the Koi Ponds. That is my favorite place to be, a bit further to the pool and parks (by very little really) but I love that location.

But to be the closest to the pool, you want either Dreams or Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter