St. Thomas to St. John excursion

sdchickie

Fan of the Mouse!
I was wondering if any of you have done the excursion to St. John through DCL. How long do you get at Trunk Bay? Where do you get on the ferry? Is it the same as the public ferry? I'm trying to decide between doing it through DCL or going on my own. The ship leaves at 3:30 PM so I'm a little concerned about getting back on time. The other weird thing is that it says the excursion ends at 3:15 does that seem to be cutting it a little close to anyone else?

Haven't been on this excursion with DCL, so I will just respond to the last of your questions. I would interpret this to mean that at the end of the excursion passengers are dropped off near the ship at 3:15 p.m. The advantage of booking excursions through the cruise line is that if an excursion is delayed for any reason, the ship will wait for the passengers on the excursion to return. If you book an excursion on your own, this is not the case. (DH and I have a very vivid memory of watching a young couple hire a speedboat to catch up to their departing cruise ship).

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of doing it through Disney, but we arrive early enough to get over there earlier so I'm still trying to figure out how much time we will really get on the beach.

we were leaving St Thomas...all the gangplanks were in...the doors closed...the big ropes were pulled in, and I think we had slightly pulled away from the dock (we're standing up top watching the de-docking activities)...

we hear a car horn blowing as a taxi comes screeching to a halt at the end of the pier...a man, woman, and young child get out...go through the security gate...and run down the pier...literally dragging the kid by the arm...

all of us on top began to cheer for them...

the ship pulls back to the pier...we can see the door reopen...and not much more than a board is shoved across the opening...all scamper aboard...to loud cheers from us spectators up top.

I seem to recall that they even received an ovation entering the big theater later that night. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter