St Croix or St Thomas ~Beach Near Dock?

3Charbys

Cruise #4 in March 2018 Eastern Fantasy
Can someone enlighten us on the beaches :umbrella: in these 2 ports?
I have 4 yr old and want her to experience the beach more than once other than CC.
What we are lookng for a beach within ;) (4year old) :cutie: walking distance of where the ship docks. This ensures is we have a meltdown or a need to get back to the ship it will be in our direct control to do so

Any feedback you care to share??

Thanks in advance!.

PS... If it is a tender to the shore... do they tender back and forth all throughout the day on a regular or as needed basis??

At St Thomas Meagans bay is the best beach, its a taxi ride away, if you tender the boats run all day on a regular basis.

Thanks Derek,
I did see reports on the Maggen's bay area..but we wanted to know if there was a beach close to or nearby where the ships drop passengers off onto the island. Without going for a taxi ride or shuttle...Kwim??:confused3

Hi just bumping this hoping someone can have an answer for us!
Happy Holidays!!

At St. Thomas, are you scheduled to dock or tender? The ship does both on different cruises. Docking is near downtown, tendering near Haavensack (?) mall area.

I honestly didn't see any beaches within easy walking area, but can't say that I fully explored looking for them. The area around the dock was pretty much shopping and industrial in the part that I saw.

Don't think that there are any beaches within walking distance in St. Thomas but I would like to recommend Coki beach which is adjacent to Coral World. It is about a 15 minute taxi ride. We went with our DGD's ages 3 and 5. Coral World is a great aquarium, not too big for little ones. You can use the beach without going to Coral World but we all enjoyed both. Coki beach had so many fish swimming around. We all loved that! With admission to Coral World you can go back and forth between the beach and Coral World. I definitely want to go there again when we cruise in Sept.:goodvibes

I'll second that Coki Beach and Coral World are excellent excursions for young children. It is very easy to get a taxi to/from them and you can get discount admission coupons both on line and in the tourist info magazines they hand out free in the port area.

Coral World has an undersea viewing area, small aquarium, hands on sea life area for kids, snack bar, gift shop, hiking trails, etc. The aquarium isn't much, but my DD liked the touching (under supervision) and the undersea area. As above, Coki beach is right across the parking lot. If you do this on your own, you can take as much or as little time as you'd like. It is also far less expensive on your own than on the DCL excursion.

there are no beaches walking distance from the dock in St Thomas

the closest beach would be a 5 minute taxi to Morningstar Beach at the Marriott hotel

Thank you thank you!! :worship: this is exactly the info that we needed... there is not much out there about St Croix right now... so we will hold off and read some trip reports for that!

MUCH APPRECIATED THE DIS ROCKS!!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter