SSS resort map??

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone: I have a concern that DTD may be too close, noise, other people visiting, etc. Does anyone know the whereabouts of a map of the SS resort? How far is it from DTD? Is it well separated from DTD? Sorry question #2(or 4 but who's counting) tell me about the $10 off and when you have to pay the total amount and anything else about the financial part. Thanks.

We were just there and its very close or adjacent to DTD...which is both good and bad IMHO. would be convient to get there however makes the whole area more conjested.

I've stayed at the DI and there was no problem with the DTD noise or crowds. But it is large enough of a property that certain buildings are going to be noticeably closer to the DTD action than others.

Here is some <a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418977">SSR Information.</a>

The resort is located across a lake from DD- the distance will range from 100 to about 500 yards away. I don't believe noise or visitors will be any more of an issue than at any other resort. DVC even used acoustical engineers in the design and placement of the buildings.

Here is a <a href="http://disneydoc.homestead.com/ssrmap.html"> map of SSR.</a>

In case you can't make out the text on Doc's map, the four building at the bottom of the page in red are currently under construction and will be opening May - August 2004. Downtown Disney is represented by the brown area in the lower left-hand corner.

The remaining 8 buildings displayed are currently labeled "Proposed Construction". As you can see, these 8 are quite a distance away from the water. I have to believe they would be moving forward with construction on most, if not all of those 8 buildings before investing in another property.

The water front buildings are what 150 yards from Rainforest and 300 or so yards from PI. This is directly across the water with no barriers at all that I can see. I suspect certian rooms and locations will be very bright and noisy. Sounds like SSR will get their own category for quiet view vs DD.

So, based on Doc's map, where will guests park? The four guest buildings at the bottom will be open first, but will folks be able to park back there, or will parking be limited to the carriage house area?

I see the circular drive just north of the buildings, but it is not clear (to me) if that is just a bus route or if there will be parking there. My personal desire would be to have OKW style parking, so my fingers are crossed.

If we are limited to the carriage house area, then does anyone have a notion as to how we'll get to our rooms?

Thanks in advance.

Parking is available near each building (on the opposite side from the lake). It is shown on the map, but is not clear on the image.

The Carriage House parking area will do nicely during check-in and for those visiting the Spa, Artist's Pallette and pool area, but is not really intended for villa parking. The villa parking will be similar to OKW, but there is no large parking lot, like at BWV, VWL or BCV.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter