SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Next month we will be staying at the Treehouse Villas. Since we won’t have a car, I have requested a treehouse near the walkway to get to the Grandstand bus stop. Taking the boat to The Springs would be another way to get to an alternative bus stop. What are the hours of the boats and how often do they come to the treehouse villa’s dock?

We love the treehouses, but without a car you do a lot of walking or waiting for buses (in my opinion this is the only downside). So if you are doing the parks everyday I would highly recommend renting a car from the Car Care Center. Side note with the car you can drive to other DVC resorts and use their parking lot for easy access to the parks and if your AP holder you can use the standard Theme Park for free and if you have a disability sticker you will have access to the preferred parking spots.

We love the treehouses, but without a car you do a lot of walking or waiting for buses (in my opinion this is the only downside). So if you are doing the parks everyday I would highly recommend renting a car from the Car Care Center. Side note with the car you can drive to other DVC resorts and use their parking lot for easy access to the parks and if your AP holder you can use the standard Theme Park for free and if you have a disability sticker you will have access to the preferred parking spots.
Nonono - Do not use other resorts’ parking for access to the parks. First it’s inconsiderate to those staying there who can’t find a place to park, second unless you have a reservation the guards may not let you in to park anyway, and third Disney does not allow it. Plus why would you want to? If you are staying on property parking at the parks is free, AP or not.

However parking at the resort is only free if you are staying on a DVC reservation. If you are on a cash reservation you’ll need to pay for parking at the resort (I suspect since it’s treehouse villas it’s a DVC reservation)

Back from a Disney trip that included 6 nights at Saratoga in a standard one bedroom villa. We were assigned building 95 in the Grandstand - far from what I preferred but it was so late when we arrived that I decided not to go to the front desk to ask about an alternate room assignment.

I was surprised at how well-maintained the room seemed (except for a broken piece on the couch, which made it sag - it needs to be replaced). We were spoiled with the space as just a party of 2. I especially loved the jacuzzi tub for soaking tired feet and legs. I’m sad that the jetted tubs are being replaced with soaking tubs but understand why after running the one in our villa through a few cycles for cleaning before use.

Overall I was surprised at how convenient the building ended up being - I’d have much rather been in the 85 building, but it wasn’t too long of a walk to the Springs bus stop and a short walk to the Disney Springs boat. We found if we really walked quickly we could just beat the bus to the Springs bus stop which was good if we saw the bus we wanted pulling away from the Grandstand bus stop when we were leaving the room.

The building was very quiet and our room overlooked the golf course and Disney Vacation Club Way. Internet connection was good. No major issues. For anyone else planning, this resort does not have the wall-mounted toiletries, they are still the little bottles. We did encounter a situation I’d love to give feedback on if anyone staying soon can snap a picture of the letter left in the room with the manager’s information on it. I neglected to take down the information myself.

I didn’t take room photos this time but let me know if I can help with any questions!

Just got back from our first stay at SSR! Requested building 85 and was pleasantly surprised when the text came in and we were in room 8512. Room was in surprisingly good condition. Cant wait to go back.

Back from a Disney trip that included 6 nights at Saratoga in a standard one bedroom villa. We were assigned building 95 in the Grandstand - far from what I preferred but it was so late when we arrived that I decided not to go to the front desk to ask about an alternate room assignment.

I was surprised at how well-maintained the room seemed (except for a broken piece on the couch, which made it sag - it needs to be replaced). We were spoiled with the space as just a party of 2. I especially loved the jacuzzi tub for soaking tired feet and legs. I’m sad that the jetted tubs are being replaced with soaking tubs but understand why after running the one in our villa through a few cycles for cleaning before use.

Overall I was surprised at how convenient the building ended up being - I’d have much rather been in the 85 building, but it wasn’t too long of a walk to the Springs bus stop and a short walk to the Disney Springs boat. We found if we really walked quickly we could just beat the bus to the Springs bus stop which was good if we saw the bus we wanted pulling away from the Grandstand bus stop when we were leaving the room.

The building was very quiet and our room overlooked the golf course and Disney Vacation Club Way. Internet connection was good. No major issues. For anyone else planning, this resort does not have the wall-mounted toiletries, they are still the little bottles. We did encounter a situation I’d love to give feedback on if anyone staying soon can snap a picture of the letter left in the room with the manager’s information on it. I neglected to take down the information myself.

I didn’t take room photos this time but let me know if I can help with any questions!

Stayed in a studio 8512 this past weekend which had the wall mounted toiletries.

you can order from Publix via Instacart. They will deliver to the resort. If you order alcohol then you have to be there in person, otherwise you can have it delivered to your room.
Hi there, i'm from the UK so apologies if this is a silly question but could I order groceries in advance or will I need to wait until i check in and receive my room number, if i did that do they deliver same day? Thanks!

I’m excited to be staying at SSR for the first time this year! We are booked in a preferred 2 BR. I’m thinking I want to request Congress Park but I have two questions- is there a mug refill station at CP, and how quick is the walk between the lobby/Artist’s Palette from CP? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the correction! Maybe it varies between room types - I just wish I had known so I could have brought more shower gel from home!
I think that they have put them in some buildings and not others yet. Since the refurbishment has started, they will change them when they redo the room. I stayed in building 85 in 2018 in a 2 bedroom and it had the wall mounted bottles. Can’t wait for the refurbishment to be completed. That SSR 2 bedroom we stayed in was in better condition than the 2 bedroom VGF room we stayed in 2019. The major problem with the VGF room was the poor choice of materials for the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator door also the small pull down bed under the TV had made a hole in the floor. Besides these issues the room was gorgeous. We didn’t let these minor issues bother us. Our SSR room was dated, but almost flawless.

Staying in SSR in a standard in May. Was told all of Springs and Congress Park are now preferred? Any ideas of what I should request then? Or nothing and cross my fingers for Pixie Dust. We are going on a relatively dead week.

Staying in SSR in a standard in May. Was told all of Springs and Congress Park are now preferred? Any ideas of what I should request then? Or nothing and cross my fingers for Pixie Dust. We are going on a relatively dead week.
What is important to you - convenience to a bus stop, close to main building, quiet, etc?

Next time I will request building 85 in the Grandstand which is next to a pool, close to the main building/lobby entrance, very close to the boat dock to Disney Springs, and a very reasonable walk to the Springs bus stop (the last one the park buses visit before departing the resort) as well as the Grandstand bus stop (the first one the buses visit upon returning to the resort except for the Disney Springs bus I believe).

I have a preferred studio booked for May, I requested the Springs. Which building is closest to the Grandstand bus stop? Never stayed at SSR before and from what I understand, the Grandstand is first pick-up and drop-off.

I’m so excited. I will be checking in tomorrow at SSR, this is my first time renting points and also in Disney in over 10 years!

Rumor from cast members have said the pools will be the last phase of the project, but nothing official.

I’ve seen very little about renovations in the remainder of the resort. If anyone is going can they try to find out- anything planned for reception, Turf Club etc ?

Hi all, does anyone know if the studio kitchens come with any basics, like teatowels, cloths, washing up liquid - or do we need to pick those up to bring? April is our first DVC stay so I am unsure if anything is included as we are newbies to DVC!

Hi all, does anyone know if the studio kitchens come with any basics, like teatowels, cloths, washing up liquid - or do we need to pick those up to bring? April is our first DVC stay so I am unsure if anything is included as we are newbies to DVC!
There will be paper towels, a wash cloth, sponge and dish soap provided.

There will be paper towels, a wash cloth, sponge and dish soap provided.
thats great thanks for letting me know, can i ask you another odd question, sorry we have never done DVC, seen as theres no housekeeping will i need to order toilet roll in my instacart delivery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts