ssr first year pts queston?

skip

Mouseketeer
just put down deposit today for ssr.Yeh!thanks to everyone for answering all my questons.( floridafam,caskbill thanks a lot)
i just have another queston about my 2003 pts.i am hoping to close in the next month and i was given febuary as my deposit month.
i got the impression from jullie at dvc that because i took the $10 reduction in pts that i wouldn't get my 2003pts.that my 2004pts would be in my account in febuary.
i was hoping i would get my 2003 pts so i could bank them and use them next summer.in fact i bought more pts(225)because i wasn't going to have enough next summer because i wouldn't have 2003 banked for the summer of 2004.
but reading a couple of other post they seem to think they are getting there 2003pts?
i have kind of rushed thru this the last couple of days because i thought i could get it closed and the deed recorded this year so i could bank my pts for 2004?
i'm gonna call julie in the am to see if i misunderstood her or not.i was asking a hundred queston at once.
thanks again everyone and i so happy we're in the dvc family.

First...

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

You will not get 2003 pts for SSR unless you have a December use year. December use years at SSR will get their first set of points this Dec. and their last set in Dec. 2053, I think.

You received the credit and didn't have to sell back your first year's points because there weren't any points to sell back. So, right off the bat you have a good deal.

The only thing I suggest is calling your guide and telling her you want a December use year. I wouldn't think they would be sold out of December use year yet. The December use years don't have to sell back their first year's pts either. I believe all of the contracts end in Jan. or Feb. of 2054 so that is why December use years would get their pts a little early.

If your guide can give you a December use year make sure that that one will work with your schedules and not interfere with any banking guidelines.

Let us know what you find out.

The question isn't whether you'll get the points but whether you can bank them. The 6 month 100% banking window will be past by the time you close so you may not be able to bank all of them for a December use year (should be able to bank 50%) but should be OK for Feb. I don't know if they will make any special arrangements to bank in this situation but it never hurts to ask. Get it in writing though. Good luck and let us know what happens.

We just purchased 200 points at SSR with Dec. use year, our guide said they were no longer giving Dec use year but we got it because we started dealing with him the first of August... I'm sort of confused though from this and previous threads. Help me straighten this out in my head please.....I get my 200 points Dec 2003 aren't those points technically for Dec 1 2003- Dec 1 2004? So if I am planning my first trip home to SSR for June 2004 I shouldn't have to bank those points even though I receive them in 2003 they are good through Dec. 1 2004???? Please help me! I certainly don't want to lose 200 points because I was confused:(

Originally posted by dyingtodisney
We just purchased 200 points at SSR with Dec. use year, our guide said they were no longer giving Dec use year but we got it because we started dealing with him the first of August... I'm sort of confused though from this and previous threads. Help me straighten this out in my head please.....I get my 200 points Dec 2003 aren't those points technically for Dec 1 2003- Dec 1 2004? So if I am planning my first trip home to SSR for June 2004 I shouldn't have to bank those points even though I receive them in 2003 they are good through Dec. 1 2004???? Please help me! I certainly don't want to lose 200 points because I was confused:(
That's correct. When DVC is selling a new resort, they generally move on to a new use year either as the use year sells down somewhat or as the 6 month banking window approaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!