SSR Deluxe Studio

cjnettles

Mouseketeer
Staying in a Deluxe Studio at SSR for the first time in June. Can someone tell me what area of the resort they are located in?

Thanks,

68 Days to Weekend at POP
111 Days to Anniversary Trip at SSR

Thanks, what area is the most recommended to request. Just my husband and me, so quiet pool is fine, probably closest to bus stop would be best.

All studios at SSR are considered 'deluxe'. When I stay at SSR, I ask for the Grandstand section. I prefer the building closest to the bus stop and the quiet pool, but have gotten the furthest one for the past three stays! Even so, the bus stop is a short walk away....about 4 mins. There is a quiet pool close to the bus stop. That section is the first stop going to the parks and the first stop dropped off returning from the parks.

SSR now has a "preferred" and "standard" classification for all of their room categories, and they are based not on specific view but on which of the sections the room is in. I believe preferred are the sections closest to the main pool and to Disney Springs, but don't quote me on that for certain.

SSR now has a "preferred" and "standard" classification for all of their room categories, and they are based not on specific view but on which of the sections the room is in. I believe preferred are the sections closest to the main pool and to Disney Springs, but don't quote me on that for certain.

Is this for DVC members booking or GP?
I just looked for our dates in June, and I only saw Deluxe Studio, 1 bedroom villa, 2 bedroom villa, and treehouse villa as booking categories.

There are a lot more standard villas than preferred. So plan on getting The Paddock, The Grandstand or Carousel.

@cjnettles Grandstands near pool or near transportation will get you closest to the first bus stop in SSR, we've had bad luck staying at Congress Park (3rd or 4th bus stop depending on time of day and route) with busses being full when they got to Congress Park. I know others have mentioned no issues with busses from Congress Park this was just my (intensely frustrating) experience. An experience that makes me make sure we're always in an area to get on the first bus in any resort.

It will also get you relatively close to the Carriage House (main building) behind it is the boat to the center of Disney Springs

Another trick to get to the marketplace side of Disney Springs is to get on the bus (any bus) at Grandstands and get off at Congress Park and take the walking path behind Congress Park which dumps out near the Christmas store.

With the new bus loop, I would caution using the Bus Transportation from Grandstands to get to Disney Springs, either walk from Congress Park or take the Boat, my parents stayed at SSR in Grandstands last summer and said the bus trip from Grandstands to the new Disney Springs bus loop took nearly 45 minutes.

Of course, because location is a request, you may get Carousel and it'll all be academic.

We stayed at SSR once and absolutely loved it (to our surprise). We were in the Grandstand section in the building next to the bus stop and a quiet pool right there too. The location could not have been more perfect for us. It was a short 5 minute walk to the lobby/main pool. The quiet pool had a drink station and maybe a QS station (can't recall if it was there though). There are grills right by the Grandstand pool if that is something that you need. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises at the right price again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter