SSR & Cruising ME ?

Susan C

Susan C
Hello,

We are all booked for a July Cruise on DCL, we are thinking if adding on 2 nights before at SSR, has anyone taken the ME to the Cruise port, from SSR?
I've seen the cruise buses,,, any experience out there?

Thanks
Susan

DME does not run to the port. You would have to pay for the cruise bus or provide your own transportation.

I think it's just a matter of different names. The Disney Cruise Lines has their own buses and the cost of the transfer to the port is added onto your trip. We did this last April from CBR to Port Canaveral and then, after the cruise to MCO. It was very efficient. Since that trip we are now DVC members at SSR and I'm quite sure that there must be a bus leaving from there since the resort is so big. Check out the cruise line forum. There are a number of people who either rent a car for a day to get to the port or hire a town car so they can get to the port earlier than the bus. Depending on the number of people in your party it may be more economical too.

Hey Neighbor -

I believe the cruise bus is about $70.00 per person.

We rented a car from Hertz and drove to their location about 5 minutes from the port. Hertz then took us to the port in their shuttle. By doing that you can get to the port much earlier and avoid the Disney bus rush. We were on a three day cruise so we wanted to get their as early as possible.

Have fun.

Hey Neighbor -

I believe the cruise bus is about $70.00 per person.

We rented a car from Hertz and drove to their location about 5 minutes from the port. Hertz then took us to the port in their shuttle. By doing that you can get to the port much earlier and avoid the Disney bus rush. We were on a three day cruise so we wanted to get their as early as possible.

Have fun.

Thank you for the replies... as a compulsive overplanner... I just love to think of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter