SSR - Congress Park Room Requests

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
DW, DD29 and myself will be checking into SSR week after next. I've requested Congress Park because I wanted a pretty view of DTD plus an shorter walk over there. We will be staying in a Studio. Is there anything else I should request as far as the room? Previous stays we stayed at Paddock and Grandstand but we've never stayed at Congress Park.

Not all Congress Park has a DTD view (as there are a few units on the "sides" of the long buildings, but I believe most do face DTD) In April, I was in a Congress Park studio and faced the canal and DVC building. I thought the view was quite pleasant, but it was not DTD (Although I think the DTD view has been "cheapened" by the massive, yellow (not a bright, "cheery" yellow, either), balloon ride..

I guess the other thing that may matter is proximity to the main area (AP/Turf Club), bus stop, high floor/low floor or having the shortest DTD walk?

I've stayed @ SSR a few times and each time it's been in Congress Park & I can say that I honestly have no desire to even try any of the other buildings! I love Congress Park even moreso for the shorter walk to DTD than the view of DTD (although that's nice too lol). We're actually staying @ SSR starting next week, 7/17-7/23, and I've requested a room in Congress Park w/ a DTD view.

. . . . . . . .

I guess the other thing that may matter is proximity to the main area (AP/Turf Club), bus stop, high floor/low floor or having the shortest DTD walk?

Congress Park has its own Bus Stop, so this would not be a consideration for whether or not you will like the proximity of the arrangements.

We stayed in what has to be one of the best views at SSR, Congrress Park Studio, #1301. I would request that again in a second. It's the top floor and on the end and overlooks DTD. BEAUTIFUL. When the bellman delievered our luggage, as soon as we opened the door he said "1301! Congratualations one of the best views!!" or something along those lines.

I have pics in my TR in my siggy-it's the January trip and we switched to the Studio on the second to last day. The pics just don't do it justice. Seriously breathtaking. :thumbsup2

The room below, or very close to this, would have an almost equally stunning view I would think as well.

When I stay at SSR I always request Congress Park, DTD View and building number 16. Twice I've been lucky and I've received room 1645 and 1745 and this is the view:

102_0372.jpg

Wow, thats an awesome view! I'll be arriving @ SSR next Friday & already have my request in for Congress Park & a DTD vew but it's looking like I may need to add building 16 to that request!

We were there the third week in January (slower time) and could not even get any studio at Congress Park. It was a little disappointing because it was a non park trip (one park day for the week), and we were spending a lot of time at DTD.
-mary

Wow, thats an awesome view! I'll be arriving @ SSR next Friday & already have my request in for Congress Park & a DTD vew but it's looking like I may need to add building 16 to that request!

I love it. Early in the morning while drinking coffee it's amazing.

Have a great trip :thumbsup2 We were in WDW three weeks ago and it seems like a lifetime agon. :sad2: This trip we stayed at the Boardwalk and have some great shots from that trip. I told DH that the next trip I want to stay at SSR. I miss that place! ;)

It's our favorite building and each time so far I've been luck enough to get this view!! :thumbsup2

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!! :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter